How to deal with theft in your business

Augusta

VIP Contributor
One of the commonest things a business owner always has to deal with is the issue of theft. Stealing in the workplace or business needs swift intervention or else it can escalate. If you are confronted with this issue in your business or workplace, you should try the below tips to nip it in the bud as early as possible

• Take stock of everything that have been stolen
  • Investigate and find out possible people or person that might be involved
  • Involve the law enforcement officer if you think is necessary
  • Give due punishment to the offender if you think so, but if not sack the person
  • Start monitoring others to avoid reoccurrence, You can think of installing surveillance gadget
What other tips do you think will help with this?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
While hiring workers, there should be thorough check on the integrity of the people to hire. This will save the stress of having cases of theft in the workplace. I don't even support second chance to the people caught wanting of theft other than to be dismissed to serve as deterrent for others.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are correct. But sometimes some business go to the extent of installing CCTV in the shop so that any body who perpetrated any evil will be capture and death with if the need be. Continues method of audit or surprised Audit method should also be taken so that fraud can be easily detected.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
While hiring workers, there should be thorough check on the integrity of the people to hire. This will save the stress of having cases of theft in the workplace. I don't even support second chance to the people caught wanting of theft other than to be dismissed to serve as deterrent for others.
Well, I agree with you about checking 5he person integrity but you know it can't be easily dectected at this initial stage but it still good to find out. I agree to no second chance if that will be the best way to deal with the situation. It will be a lesson to others

Good luck

Verified member
To deal with theft should not be so hard in an organization.Mostly, People use CCTV in Bank and some other company.One can easily notice any form of theft in an organization.The use of security officers as a surveillance is also necessary to discover any form of theft.Officers should help the company to get or arrest the situation when their is issue of theft.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You are right but building a strong security system is also beneficial , because he theives won't have the opportunity to be able to steal your product ,when they see the kind of security network and system they have and is guiding the work place I think , so building a strong security matters

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Even with the cctv camera in place there are still some who would dare to steal. Last December when I bought several jars of coco jam in the delicacy store in our town, I saw the guy getting more money than my change. When he handed me my change he had the excess money in his hand that went inside his pocket. That is clearly stealing that he thought I did not see.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Even with the cctv camera in place there are still some who would dare to steal. Last December when I bought several jars of coco jam in the delicacy store in our town, I saw the guy getting more money than my change. When he handed me my change he had the excess money in his hand that went inside his pocket. That is clearly stealing that he thought I did not see.
Haha, the amateur thief didn't know your eagle eyes have got him well, I think the CCTV helps a lot even if it. Might not be a ? but.at this it has been helping to catch thieves than other ways of catching these thieves. Such people when caught just need to be sacked to teach others manners

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I believe CCTV operators should be interviewed specially because it is a vital part of security when it comes to controlling theft in business