How to Create Forum Posts For Search Traffic

Mika

VIP Contributor
Forums traffic mainly consists of traffic from registered users and internal traffic. In order to generate better revenue on the forums, traffic should come from search engines. Forums will receive search traffic only when the posts on the forums are searchable.

People do not search online for personal stories, they search for information, they search to solve their problems, and they search to learn something.

Create forum posts that are not explored online extensively. Do not use part one, part two, etc. in the title. If you are creating a follow-up post give entirely new title.

The tile really matters. The title of forum posts should have the following elements:

WH questions: What, Who, How, Where, When, Whom, Which

Long-tail search term: The term used on search boxes

Keywords and keyphrases in the title, body, and tags.

Less than 65 characters in the title

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is surely a great information for forum owners and forum users. No one is interested in stories while coming to forums. All what they need is to make sure they see some topics that are capable of solving their problems. And we should endeavor to create topics on current issue.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Forums and discussion boards need to have good title to build traffic from search engines. If you check the search engine result page, you will see the top search results always have god title. The title should be self explanatory and tell the searchers what to expect with the content.

Carson20t

Thanks for the information,I have learned quite a handful of points on what is required off to be successfully in posting on forums.More especially that we should be posting as if you have been asked.Then that our posts should be relevant.

I think that it is important to have some of these guides as often to help us improve in writing quality posts.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I think the forum will benefit more for every SEO targeted post we made on the forum. I make sure that most of the keywords or post I made can be found on Google search Auto suggestion. I believe that the forum will rank higher on the first page over long Of time. I tried every keyword rich post I made on the forum to see how they are progressing.

Last edited:

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is very important for us to create more of search engine optimisation friendly posts on this forum. the forum owners are going to make more money when they are receiving lots of organic traffic from search engine. There is possibility that they are going to increase the incentive program when they are making more money.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
The tips explained here also applies for blog posts not only for forum posts. Sometimes when you search online, you might find quora post ranked high on search result page. If you check these posts, you will find that these posts provide useful information, these posts are also unique content, not found else where