How to Choose a Profitable Career

Mika

VIP Contributor
Twelve years of schooling is the basic education everyone needs. However, the most important question you should answer is what after high school? Should you go for academic studies, should you go for professional training, or should you just start working? In case you decide to go to college, you should make a decision on what subject to choose.

Passion is important to building your career, however, you should also consider building a career on something that can help you make a lot of money. Let’s say you are interested in philosophy and want to study philosophy, but you do know what you are going to do after you complete your education, do you think you will easily find a job, or let’s say will you find a good-paying job?

You need to find a middle path. If your passion is something that may not make money for you, you can choose your second, or even third interest, and start building skills and knowledge on that subject.

Suba

Staff member
I think if the financial situation allows it would be better after high school we continue higher education until we get a degree. Not all majors in college must be linked to the amount of salary that will be obtained. Our philosophy department can become a lecturer. The majors that we will take must be in accordance with the interests and talents we have, lest we don't like math calculations, we enter the engineering and accounting majors, of course in the end we will fail.
Basically higher education is developing a way of reasoning and being able to think realistically. If your goal of higher education is work oriented that can earn you a lot of money you can choose majors such as computer, digital business, accounting, medicine, architect etc.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
What matters most in your life is money. Your lifestyle, quality of life, happiness, contentment, satisfaction, relationship, etc. are determined by how much money you have. I have been thinking about buying a car since a couple of years, however, I don't have enough money to buy a car, Well, I might be able to buy a can on a loan, but I am not sure if I can maintain a car with the kind of income I have. Therefore, I ride a motor bike and every time I see a car model that I want to buy I feel very unhappy. Well, I understand in your life you cannot have everything you wish for, but I believe it should be imperative that you should be able to afford most of the things. Therefore, just like the OP said, I believe in choosing a profitable career instead of a career you are passionate about. Someone who studied philosophy might get a job in an university and earn money as a professor, but he my not earn much and he will have dissatisfied wife, wailing children, and his life will become a hell due to the lack of money. I just want to laugh when people say money is not everything.