How to Choose a Niche?

Mika

VIP Contributor
It does not matter what you are doing (blogging, vlogging, selling online, affiliate marketing, etc.), what actually matters is what niche you have chosen. In order to grow your brand, market your business, generate sales, and grow followers, you need a niche and more specific your niche is better will be the result.

A niche can be what you are selling as well as where you are trying to sell. A niche can be a very narrow market as well as a broad market.

One strategy that a lot of businesses use in terms of developing a niche is they start selling almost anything and after some time they find out what is working for them and they start focusing on it.

Another popular strategy is to look at the market and find out what is in demand but not in supply.

The third method is to promote a lifestyle, instead of the product itself. IN doing so the companies are not targeting the niche, they are actually targeting people who they believe can be influenced.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks for sharing , but definitely if I am looking for a skill base on its demands , I have to also look at it supply as much as possible because I am not ready to face huge competition trying to get clients for myself . It seems some online business are really saturated and because of this getting more clients for yourself is very difficult and you really have to spend a lot on advertisement and marketing to succeed.

Mostly , I would look for what is being demanded then I'll also look if there are thousands of people supplying the same skill. This will help me decide if I will have the ability to engage in the business based on the available numbers of supplier.

I don't have any problem with chosing a niche because I can carry out research depending on the type of business I am interested to do.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I never chose any niche, it happened to me naturally. I started spending a lot of time on social media and I naturally developed interest in content creation and digital marketing. When I decided to sell online, I did some research and found sale-able ideas and started selling products about those ideas. If you wan to choose a niche, you will have to look into two things, one, you should check your interest, two, you should check your skills. If you are interested in programming, but if you do not have any programming skills, how can you explore on this niche? You will also have to narrow down your audience through cross niche, by doing this you will be able to attract people who are interested in multiple niches. IN other words, you can combine one than one niches to make a new niche. The market is small but sales are guaranteed. You can sub niche trending niche with ever green niche.