How to Build Your Career as a Social Media Influencer

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
There is a lot of money to be made as a social media influencer. Sometimes I get as much as $20 per promotion. If I am hired to run an influencer marketing campaign across multiple channels, I earn as much as $50.

Does this sound interesting? Do you want to know my secrets?

Well, here are some of the things I did to become a social media influencer.

I was still in school when I created accounts on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Pinterest, and Twitter. I started building followers by asking my friends to follow me. I posted interesting content, which increased my fan base.

I continued to build followers even when I started college.

I also used advertising to build followers.

As my followers increased, I also started getting promotion requests. Later, I joined Fiverr and started selling my influencer marketing gigs.

Phabbyfundz

Making money as a social media influencer takes a lot of dedication and providing meaning contents. To be a social media influencer you must have a large number of active audience who would engage the posts you make on any social media platform. And if you are someone who has wide viewer ship on social media I this an influencer would be a good gig for you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only secret I could see from this post is to belong to various social media and have many followers. The fact is that having more followers is not the trick but knowing how to keep them stick to your page. I know someone with more than 2000 followers but they are just there. He doesn't make use of them.

Mika

VIP Contributor
This is something I have been trying to do for a while. I was not very popular in my college or workplace. For a shy and reticent person, it is really difficult to get followers. Advertising can be a good option. I did manage to build followers on mt facebook page through ads

D

Deleted member 51169

Being a social media influencer requires multiple strategies ranging from picking a specialty that you are keen on and can reliably make content about. You ought to likewise have some degree of mastery in the field to have the option to set up a good foundation for yourself as a force to be reckon with. As a powerhouse, you will have to explore and post substance to your greatest advantage in that area of interest.

I believes this is what will create the fan base.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Being a social media influencer requires multiple strategies ranging from picking a specialty that you are keen on and can reliably make content about. You ought to likewise have some degree of mastery in the field to have the option to set up a good foundation for yourself as a force to be reckon with. As a powerhouse, you will have to explore and post substance to your greatest advantage in that area of interest.

I believes this is what will create the fan base.
Being an influencer is all about building followers on your social pages. In order to build followers, you need to be an expert on something and share the content related to your field. I know a facebook influencer, a doctor by profession. He built 1 million followers on his page without spending any money. Since he is a doctor, he shares useful information about health and people learn so many things from his posts.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It may sound funny that I created an Instagram account after reading that an Instagram Influencer is like a celebrity who can earn big money by endorsing products. The need of an Influencer is 10,000 followers or maybe even half of that will do. The big number had discouraged me on my campaign that now my Instagram account is inactive.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It might actually be difficult for an ordinary people to become a social media influencers to the point of getting an advertisement from company to promote on your social media page, celebrities are for people who are naturally talented in what they are good at doing such as musician or comedians, actress and actors are also celebrities.

dagm

It may really be actually challenging for a regular individuals to end up being a social networks influencers to the factor of obtaining an ad coming from business to advertise on your social networks web webpage, stars are actually for individuals that are actually normally skilled in exactly just what they are actually proficient at performing like artist or even comedians, starlet as well as stars are actually likewise stars.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Building a career as a social media marketing and influencer can be a good choice. But you must be ready to do the require work because you need to put in a lot of effort at the beginning with little or no results. You must also have a passion for this because you can quickly burn out if you are looking for fast money with social media influencer.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Being an influencer is all about building followers on your social pages. In order to build followers, you need to be an expert on something and share the content related to your field. I know a facebook influencer, a doctor by profession. He built 1 million followers on his page without spending any money. Since he is a doctor, he shares useful information about health and people learn so many things from his posts.
I would like to correct you. Being an influencer is not only about building followers on your social pages. While you need a large following to become an influencer, becoming influencer is something more than having tons of followers. You need to be in a position to change people's opinion and perception as an influencer.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is a really great process you took there. To be a social media influencer, you need to start by forming a large follower base. This is by posting interesting content and asking people to follow you. Once you have a good number of followers, you can promote your influencer services in freelancing sites.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
That's what I did. I was still in school when I had already managed to build over 3 thousand followers on my facebook page, instagram and twitter account. By the time I was in college, I had over 5 thousand followers on my social pages. Interestingly, I did not spend money to build any of these following. Later when I started thinking about social media career, I spent some money to build more followers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I once used Facebook ads to build followers on my Facebook page. By spending $10, I received 1000 followers, hundreds of engagements, and a lot of clicks on my website address and links. I was thinking to continue promoting my page to build followers, engagements and traffic, but I had to stop because financially it was very expensive. I had to spend $100 to build 10K followers, and when you are marketing 10k followers is not a big number.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Well, I will have to contradict you on this. If you have 10K followers on your facebook page, you can apply for facebook monetization. If monetization is available in your location and if you have published a lot of engaging content, you will surely be approved for monetization and you can earn really good money through facebook ads. Secondly, when you are spending money on ads to build following, you are likely to get followers who are genuinely interested on your niche. If you have genuine followers, even 10k followers happen to be very big number as you can get quality traffic.