How to Build a Strong Business

Mika

VIP Contributor
Before I explain what it means by strong business and how you can build a strong business, I will share some interesting anecdotes.

When Jeff Bezos decided to go to space, a lot of people signed a petition to stop Jeff Bezos from returning to the earth?

Why do you think people were so wrathful against the richest man on earth? That’s because people hated Jeff Bezos for how he treated Amazon staff.

Well, it is not possible to be liked by everyone but as a business owner, you should be at least liked by your employees and your customers. Building a strong business means you have employees who admire you and you have customers who always buy from you.

Your employees will admire you when you offer the best salary and incentives in the market. Your customers will become loyal when you provide the best product for a reasonable price.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is very important that anyone who wants to go into any successful business should treat his employees very well because when you do they will definitely cherish and the lawyer in working for the success of your business. I don't really know that Jeff bezos is being hated by a lot of people but he still run a very successful business and of course today he is the world's richest man.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I have come across disparate kinds of bosses who really don't care about their workers....All they care about is all about themselves. I tend to believe that without an efficient or brilliant workers, a company may not get to wherever they maybe. But it's seems some bosses don't see that, which is really bad of them. I believe a boss that's bad will continue to be changing staffs, until he brings the ones that will crumble or wreck the company.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is all encompassing when you need to get the best off your business as you rightly stated do what would make you happy for your business and for others too. Apart from paying salaries, add incentives to it. Apart from offering products add quality to it. This way you would be able to build a vibrant team of workers with very solid service delivery

E

eldavis

This is true, for your business to be successful, you need to carry everyone along.therefore how you treat them, determines how well they are ready to protect and promote the vision of the company
For a business to succeed, is a team effort not just a one man's job

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When the employees or workers are well-fed the owner is admired and probably loved. However, I have met some ingrates who are good in front of you but say something bad behind your back. It is sad to experienced such kind of people. Generally speaking, I love to share what I have with my employees whether I am a manager or a business owner.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think one of the most important things you should put in mind when drafting a plan on how to build a powerful business is that you will have to create a product that beats all your competition. Sometimes this might not be enough and you will have to be constantly evolving in order to stay in top of the market.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
It is not possible to make everyone happy. If you have 50 people working for you, you cannot make all 50 workers happy. If you have 50 clients, you cannot make all 50 clients happy. However, you should consider making majority of your staff and clients happy. You can build a strong business only when majority of staff and clients happy.

D

Deleted member 13140

I don't really know much about Jeff bezos, but I know one thing for certain, you can't be liked by everyone, I mean what on earth did Jeff bezos do that people wanted him to be marooned in space, am sure it's probably jealousy, I think I saw something earlier, that Jeff said no matter who you are or what level of education you have you can work on Amazon, am pretty sure he is doing his best

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Well, people hate Jeff Bezos not out of jealousy. They hate him for the way he runs hos company and treats his employ. He pays so little to his employees, all the while spend billions of dollars in the space race. That's the reason why people dislike Bezos so much.

Mika

VIP Contributor
People hating Jeff Bezos may not only be due to his treatment of the employees or his policy on how he runs Amazon. In my opinion, a lot of people hate successful people, especially entrepreneurs. Bill Gates has done such a great thing for humanity, yet, people speculate a lot of conspiracies surrounding Bill Gates. They even say Bill gates is trying to implant Chips in Asian and Africans through vaccination programs.

Shaf

Verified member
Sometimes, business men who become really successful start thinking that it's all about their wit, strength and strategy. One of the yardsticks of a successful business in the eyes of a community is how you treat them and your workers. I remember how Dangote was having issues with the government and a lot of his staff were not standing up for him.

Sometimes, it may not be entirely the fault of the CEO, but you still need to ensure that management treats staff well. Once you start having high turnover rate and complaints from staff, it's best to check and correct issues before they escalate.