How to Become Successful in Your Career?

Mika

VIP Contributor
The road to a successful career begins with education. You need basic education where you learn all subjects like mathematics, science, language, etc. In other words, you need at least 12 years of school education.

You will have to choose a specialization. What subjects you should choose depends on your interest and mental capacity. You will have to spend many years in college and university to master your subjects. For some people going through a higher level of education is not possible. For these people developing skills remains the only way to enhance their capacity. Actually, skills are needed even if you have the education.

Generally speaking, you cannot choose between developing skills and gaining academic excellence. But it is also true that some people succeed without skills.

Last edited:

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My take on a career is the regular improvement not only of the skills but also the status in the society. It is not enough to be earning good money. You also need to be someone in your community because sometimes connections can be instrumental in getting a job. In my first job I had the recommendation of our parish priest and a court judge.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my opinion, the best way to build a successful career is by combining education with skills. You need higher education as well as professional skills. Education alone cannot help you build a successful career and skills might not be enough to build your career. While choosing skills, you have to choose the ones that are most profitable.

uforwealth

Verified member
The road to a successful career begins with education. You need basic education where you learn all subjects like mathematics, science, language, etc. In other words, you need at least 12 years of school education.

You will have to choose a specialization. What subjects you should choose depends on your interest and mental capacity. You will have to spend many years in college and university to master your subjects. For some people going through a higher level of education is not possible. For these people developing skills remains the only way to enhance their capacity. Actually, skills are needed even if you have the education.

Generally speaking, you cannot choose between developing skills and gaining academic excellence. But it is also true that some people succeed without skills.
Going to high institutions of learning doesn't prevent anybody from acquiring skills. Skill is your capability and effort to do something in the best way you can.

If you a computer science student who is knowledgeable about programing and can program any computer system like the maker, such a student has already acquired a skill and can succeed in programming business.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In as much as I believe in education when someone is driving toward the road of success, there are other things that determine success as well. In fact, people with greater skill tend to be more successful than people with education becuase it seems people prefer skill to education these days.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Well, skills can pay you really well but education pays better. Who do you think draws the highest salary in Google Inc.? Yes, that's correct the CEO draws the highest salary in the company? He was able to reach that position because of his education. Education also means learning skills and becoming skilled.

Ummigal

Becoming successful in your career requires a lot of qualities. One has to stand out and be unique in his own way. Always show that you have value ticket and make sure you're always in good terms with your superiors. Nothing good comes from disobeying them. Before choosing a power for yourself make sure that you know exactly what you're doing. Have you all success has a lot to do with passion and drive and you can hardly achieve it when you have not the drive in the first place.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
In order to become successful, you need to be extremely talented in your field. Now, a lot of us need to agree that not all people can be talented. Well, they say everyone of us has some talent. That could be true but the talent that actually counts is related to your professional life.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I cannot agree more. I might be extremely talented in making handicrafts, however, if I cannot make money from my handicrafts, my talent has no meaning. In this world, your talent needs to be bankable, or make money for you, to be precise. If you are talented at something and if you build a career in that niche, you can be successful.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Nor all talent needs to be related to money making but it is also true that if we cannot use our talent to earn a comfortable life for ourselves, the talent is wasted. If your talent is not earning you, you need to find a different talent that can earn you.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I think one of the most important thing to achieve success is talent and education. If you are a really talented individual, then there are chances that you will probably succeed. You must also select the right kind of field that suits you and go with it. Do what you like to do and make treat it as a career so that you may become successful.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You need to be talented. And talent means something that comes to you from birth. You also need education, skills and experience to become successful in career. Interestingly all of these things can be acquired provided you work hard and are very interested to explore in the chosen career path

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
WE all are in the rat race. If we are not talented, if we do not have higher education, if we do not have vocational skill, if we are not well trained, we may never get a good job and never excel in your career. This is a complicated work where it is difficult for mediocre people to climb higher and live a good life, they end up becoming a cog in the wheel

Mika

VIP Contributor
You have remarked some interesting points. Yes, we are in the rat race, and yes a lot of us become just a cog in the wheel. If you are an average person, you do not have any chance of becoming an influential figure and scale high in your career, however, this does not mean you cannot earn and live a quality life. Even an average person can be special in some way. If you can find out what you are actually good at, you will be able to build a stable career for your self. I have seen a lot of people do that.

T

temidayo2313

Become successful in your career it depends on you,you must be educative and be smart, well trained

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
A lot o people work really hard, but they cannot become successful. They also need to work smartly. Just because you spend 12 hours working does not mean you will be successful. In order to become successful you need to choose a career that has commercial value. For example, you need to have technical skills, which pays more than not having any skills at all. If you have to choose a career choose the one that can make you a lot of money. For example, blogging is profitable, but vlogging is more profitable than blogging. Writing can make you money, bu web designing will make you more money.

ojo2021

Banned
Never give up on your dream. If that is what you have passion for, keep on pursuing. One day you will get there. It will require a lot of hardwork and sacrifice. Sometimes it may require you to go for futher studies. A lot of obstacles may want to bring you down. If you don't give up and pay the price, you get the prize.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
You have to be the best to be successful in your career. You need to be confident, know what you want and how to get it. You also need to know how to make yourself stand out from the crowd and not fall into the same mistake again.

Here are some tips that you should consider:

1. Be Prepared

One of the things that you should consider is being prepared before starting a new job or career path. You need to have all the information about the employer, their company and their job description so that when you meet them for an interview, you will be able to answer all their questions easily and confidently.

2. Be Positive

Another thing that you should consider is being positive at work because this will help you stay motivated and excited about your job which will lead to better performance at work. Being positive about everything in your life will help you achieve great things in life like being successful in your career job or making friends with people who can help support and guide you along your journey towards success.