Shares/Stock How To Become A Successful Stock Broker?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The term "Broker" refers to a person who usually helps people to buy or sell things. This could be anything. Of course brokers earn a good amount of commissions for this reason. There are many kinds of broker involved in many kinds of business. One of the most popular kind of broker is a stock broker who helps traders and investors invest money into the stock market. This is usually because stock brokers are those people who have studied the market in a proper way and they have the ability to help people. A stock broker could work in many ways. For example, a broker might earn a fixed commission when a trader or an investors make a profit.

A stock broker might even claim a share in the profits whenever profits are generated on trades. Stock brokers usually work in stock exchanges. However, now there are many websites that are also playing the role of brokers. However, in this thread, I am talking about how a real human being could become a good traders. I think most of the brokers are also stock traders themselves. While nothing is guaranteed when you invest in stock, I believe that there could be some ways to become a better broker.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
The first step is to be educated and have a mentality of a successful stockbroker. You need to be able to learn quickly and retain that knowledge as well as learn about new trends as they change. In addition, you must have excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to be able to understand your client’s needs and persuade them into making their investments with you.

The next step is finding a brokerage firm that will hire you. You can apply for jobs at investment banks or try to get into a training program at one of the major brokerages such as Merrill Lynch or Morgan Stanley where they will teach you everything necessary about being successful in this field through classroom lectures and on-the-job experience over several years before giving you your own clients.

After getting hired, you will need to study hard,if possible take professional exams which cover topics like financial markets, securities products, investing strategies, risk management techniques etc., in order to get licensed so that clients will feel safe dealing with someone who has these qualifications rather than just anyone off the street with no qualifications whatsoever.

After getting licensed, then it’s time for the real work: building up your client base by calling them or meeting face-to-face.

Suba

Staff member
Basically, stock brokers are in charge of buying and selling stocks and other securities on behalf of clients, both individuals and institutions. and stock broker will receive a commission. Therefore Stock brokers will start their working day earlier before the stock market opens, so they will find clients who will buy or will sell shares.

I think, every country will have rules about stock brokers. Of course in essence the rules are almost the same. You also need requirements to become a stock broker, among others, to have sufficient capital. competent in the world of capital markets, has a stock broker certificate, has experience working in an Authorized Securities Company,
have a license with the local government.

In addition, to be a successful stock broker, you must also have supporting knowledge such as mathematics, accounting, business, etc. if possible a post graduate degree will greatly support work as a stock broker.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have some friends on Facebook who work as real estate brokers in the United States. It is very surprising to see these people from Asia working as real estate brokers in the United States and in the meantime also succeeding in their career fields. I often talk to them and they share their experience. Based on what they have shared with me I think in order to become a successful broker, the first requirement is your knowledge in the field. You should know the market and have the ability to rightly predict price appreciation and depreciation. If you can predict the market price, you can actually profit a lot. In order to correctly predict the market, you need to understand the market. Understanding the market means you know the demand and supply, you know what most of the sellers are selling, and what most of the buyers are buying. You also need techniques to appropriately value the property, you need property valuation knowledge. You can work independently, however, in order to become successful you need a lot of experience and connection, you can gain experience and connection only when you have previously worked in a reputed real estate agency.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
There is bear moments and there is good moments as any investor in certain period you win and recover loses and certain period you lose what you deserve for years.