how to battle insomnia

Anne3

i have insomnia and find it difficult to fall asleep without medication it is taking a toll on my body please advice on what i can do or a natural way to fight the insomnia so that i can have more energy to play with my kids and to get a healthy amount of sleep

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
You should first of all consider seeing a physician as it is the best way to get an appropriate solution. Things like this are not easy to handle from just seeking solutions online.

There are times when some people claim they fall asleep easily anytime they pick a book to read. I do not know how true though, but I believe you should consider giving it a trial to see if it is going to work out for you too .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Sleep comes naturally and if it doesn't come naturally, it means something is wrong. Before I proceed, have you confirmed what you have is insomnia? There have been a time I couldn't sleep well or not all but it was due to maybe heartbroken. At times, when we think too much, it may affect our sleep. First try to cast away heavy burden from your heart first.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Sleep comes naturally and if it doesn't come naturally, it means something is wrong. Before I proceed, have you confirmed what you have is insomnia? There have been a time I couldn't sleep well or not all but it was due to maybe heartbroken. At times, when we think too much, it may affect our sleep. First try to cast away heavy burden from your heart first.
This is very true as I have also being in such a situation, but I observed he did not say anything about feeling down most of the time so it is obvious that what is wrong with him is not about being heartbroken at all.
The best thing would be to see a physician as they can tell better even from looking at his eyes. It's the best option truly.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Oh sorry about what you have been going through. I think at this stage the best thing you have to do is to follow the instruction of your doctor's perfectly because they are the only one that can guide you on how you can get yourself out of it ,try as much as possible to take a lot of fruit and vegetable and avoid junk food for now.