How To Accept PayPal Payments In A Country Where PayPal Is Unavailable?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
PayPal is a kind of payment system which has been in existence for a incredible long time. The fact of the matter is that it is considered one of the best ways to receive and send money at any time between tow account holders. PayPal was one of the earliest payment systems and the fact of the matter is that PayPal is considered a really secure payment system. However, since it is not available in all the countries, many people have wished if they could open a PayPal account. But is this even possible?

Never Attempt To Create A PayPal Account In A Country Where It Is Not Supported

There are many people who try to create a PayPal account by using a VPN. These folks think that they could dodge the system of PayPal. They could not be more wrong than that! It is simply not possible to open a PayPal account if you do not live in a country where it is not supported. If you create a PayPal account using a VPN, then still you will never be able to verify it or use it because PayPal uses strict criteria when it comes to verifying account.

Using Inline 2Checkout To Receive PayPal Payments As A Vendor/Merchant

There are a few other ways you could collect PayPal payments, even if you do not live in a country where PayPal does not work. One such kind of method is to utilise the Inline Checkout feature offered by the 2Checkout (Verifone) company. If you are a vendor or a merchant who wishes to receive payments through PayPal, then you would have to sign-up and fill certain kind of required details. This also includes activating your account and then adding your location. This includes adding details related to your business and completing the verification process. Fortunately, 2Checkout supports many countries such as Nigeria and Pakistan where PayPal does not operate in a complete manner.

What Are Some Other Alternative Methods?

If you are not able to receive payments through 2Checkout, then you could ask your relatives, friends, or family members to receive payments on your behalf. This is also a great method to receive payments in case you are a freelancer or an online earner. The fact of the matter is that majority of the freelancing sites and money making sites use PayPal. Some website owners might make some exceptions for you and send money through other means. This also works as I have requested website owners to send me payments through some other methods and they agreed to that.

Etini

Valued Contributor
I have been working on a site called Online Book club where they pay only through PayPal. I am from Nigeria. And I receive my payments very well without having to twist the system. I don't like twisting systems. I just discovered that no matter the VPN you use, sites would still detect that you are using a VPN and they can ban you.

What I do is look for online exchangers in my country. They have access to verified PayPal accounts. I use their emails to receive my PayPal funds. They pay me through my bank account. Of course, they make a profit from the rate they offer. It is much safer that way than trying to circumvent the system. The more we try to beat the system, the less likely for our countries to be considered to receive payment even in the distant future. Hopefully, we would be allowed soon.