How SEO works

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
SEO stands for search engine optimization which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engines result

The term 'quality' means when visitors who are genuinely interested in the product that you offer. If your product is apple, it is the visitors who are interested in apple that will be attracted to your website

The term 'quantity' means having the right visitors clicking on your website through the search engine result

Organic results is any traffic that was not paid for. Once a visitor type the question he/ she is looking for in the box provided on the search engine, Google has a crawler that goes out and gathers all the information about content related to the question searched for on the internet . The crawler brings all the 1s and 0s back to the search engine to build an index. That index is then fed through an algorithm that tries to match all the data with your query.

What do you know about SEO

Cinderella

I used to maintain a blog though my busy work schedule made me decided to temporarily stopped blogging. Though I still have plans of going back into blogging in the near future when my schedule permits. SEO is important especially if we want to earn more. Being on page one of the search results is the aim of most bloggers and companies, so we need to find the right keywords for our contents as well as the quality.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I used to maintain a blog though my busy work schedule made me decided to temporarily stopped blogging. Though I still have plans of going back into blogging in the near future when my schedule permits. SEO is important especially if we want to earn more. Being on page one of the search results is the aim of most bloggers and companies, so we need to find the right keywords for our contents as well as the quality.
SEO is a very important digital marketing tools every blogger needs to know about. If you choose the right keywords, write quality content, their is a possibility that your website ranks better than the sites that uses SEM campaign.
Adopting SEM doesn't guarantee that your site will rank higher. Choosing the right keywords is the most important thing.

Cinderella

SEO is a very important digital marketing tools every blogger needs to know about. If you choose the right keywords, write quality content, their is a possibility that your website ranks better than the sites that uses SEM campaign.
Adopting SEM doesn't guarantee that your site will rank higher. Choosing the right keywords is the most important thing.
Precisely! Right keywords and high quality content should be considered. I also write long contents because based on my research it helps to rank better in search engine. With regards to key word ideas, I am using Ubersuggest by Neil Patel. It was a big help for me in writing articles especially when I was writing about artificial intelligence in another site.

henrymartin

SEO stands for search engine optimisation, that may be a digital selling strategy that focuses on your website's presence in search results on search engines like Google. after you perceive however SEO works, you'll be able to use completely different techniques to extend your visibility (or however high you rank) in search results.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The primary purpose of SEO is to get highly ranked on SERP or search engine results page. Search engine behavior says that the majority of searchers click top 5 search results and usually do not go beyond third page. Therefore, your focus should be ranking on top 5 results or at least withing the first three pages.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The primary purpose of SEO is to get highly ranked on SERP or search engine results page. Search engine behavior says that the majority of searchers click top 5 search results and usually do not go beyond third page. Therefore, your focus should be ranking on top 5 results or at least withing the first three pages.
You are right on that, you will rank high by preferably appearing on the first page of the search engine result and being amongst the top 5 would be very great. This could be achieved when you choose the right keywords and write a high quality contents. Adoption a sufficient SEO tools can be of great help in achieving your target

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I got your explanation on how the search optimization engine works to be honest. But I don't know how to go about it. Does one need to register on it as a website or what? But with your explanation, it will be a nice thing for one's website to pop up first when people search for any information online. It generates more traffic.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I first encountered the term SEO it was like another new term that I ignored until I got to read one. I was really surprised to learn that the search engines are big contributors of traffic to websites. Now the SEO is an important part of traffic promotion because searchers are always there every day and getting traffic from them is free just with the SEO work.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I got your explanation on how the search optimization engine works to be honest. But I don't know how to go about it. Does one need to register on it as a website or what? But with your explanation, it will be a nice thing for one's website to pop up first when people search for any information online. It generates more traffic.
SEO is meant to generate traffic to your website organically, you do not have to pay for it unlike the SEM. The simple way to explain this is - knowing the mind of your potential customers and what they actually needs . Put yourself in the position of a customer and think of what you would like need if you are visiting a website.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
When I first encountered the term SEO it was like another new term that I ignored until I got to read one. I was really surprised to learn that the search engines are big contributors of traffic to websites. Now the SEO is an important part of traffic promotion because searchers are always there every day and getting traffic from them is free just with the SEO work.
You are absolutely right. It helps to generate traffic organically. I think it's the best tool to adopt because nearly 100% of the visitors are interested in the product you offer and it become a very easy for you to convert visitors to paying customers onlike the SEM. Generating traffic organically shows how useful your website is.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you are an affiliate marketer or a blogger then search engine optimisation is a must for you. if you don't know search engine optimisation there is no way you will get anyone to read whatever you will have written on your website. It will help you to rank on Google and also for people to see your blog on search engines.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
If you are an affiliate marketer or a blogger then search engine optimisation is a must for you. if you don't know search engine optimisation there is no way you will get anyone to read whatever you will have written on your website. It will help you to rank on Google and also for people to see your blog on search engines.
SEO goes beyond using the right keywords but it's better to know the mind of the potential visitors, predict correctly what they are likely type in the search engine. It's a very important to know the pros and cons around the SEO and one need to know how to use the SEO tools effectively. It's very important for a blogger to know this

sincerem

VIP Contributor
One of the best means to get organic traffic to our website us through search engine optimization promotion. If we promote SEO, by creating quality contents, surely our website contents will be ranked higher, which can be tracked by other users from different locations especially the top country users. The best way to improve SEO in our website is creating quality contents.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You are right on that, you will rank high by preferably appearing on the first page of the search engine result and being amongst the top 5 would be very great. This could be achieved when you choose the right keywords and write a high quality contents. Adoption a sufficient SEO tools can be of great help in achieving your target
SEO tools are just a guide, they are just like the lesson, it is you who has to implement the lessons. IMplementation is really hard. You might be able to do on-page seo easily as it involves working on your own website, however, doing off page seo is really hard because it involves working on someone else website 9because you need to build backlinks.

bracknelson

Your information is helpful for me, but I want to add some more in SEO work. It focuses on website traffic, or it also makes a strategy for making the website ranking higher & it is a process of taking steps to help a website rank higher in Google.

Last edited by a moderator: