How possible is it to manage a government work with your company?

Georgeadawara

They are alot of problem rising in this aspects to manage a government job with your business they is no way you can be perfect to all.
A government job has it own aspects differently for those that are in government you all now how strict the work is how regular they us to be at work. It is only if you are a director the we now that such level are always on they're own, it is people that are in such prositions can handle there private business with the government job at same time.
But as of you a joinor work thae holll o the stress is on your. So in this case to handle the both it will be a very hard thing to do, you can only appoint someone to take care of the business for her will stand as a manager there.
So as o joinor worker it will be hard for you to handle the both, but as a director or any of the high office you can do it. That is in my country.

Maphalle

I know of someone who's working and have businesses at the same time. You can well manage your business and work at the same time. All you need is planning your time and having Good, reliable and trusted management team in your business

IamDozzy

A lot of government workers do this in Nigeria but I must admit it isn't the right thing to do. Government workers usually resume in the morning and by 12 pm they leave their jobs to go and handle their businesses. They do this because their job security is assured in a government job unlike a private job where you are always monitored and your absence might affect your pay. Most government employees have turned their government job to a side hustle and their businesses to a main hustle.

Godslamp

Managing a government work and a company is not a hard nut to crack. Some of the so called government workers have private business which they engage in. The truth is that government work does not guarantee sustainability because one day you will retire so they used that as a back up plan owing to when they will retire

Godslamp

Government work also os programmmed in a way that it can support or rather give space for one to engage in another business. There is no much work requirements in this stead. Some of the workers go to work occasionally while some are not also time regulated. Starting up another business is available for a government worker than a private company worker that is always on check

eojo2401

Being a government worker is the best thing that can ever happened to a man most especially if you are a federal government worker. You will have enough time to manage your own business. There are some federal government agency or office that usually open for work once in every four years e. g. INEC. that one is even better, go to National Population commission office in your local government area, you will discover that the staff there, only come to office once in a while. Some staff don't even know the way to there office again and this applicable to almost all offices under federal government. So tell me how they will not have time to manage there business.

Daykas

They are alot of problem rising in this aspects to manage a government job with your business they is no way you can be perfect to all.
A government job has it own aspects differently for those that are in government you all now how strict the work is how regular they us to be at work. It is only if you are a director the we now that such level are always on they're own, it is people that are in such prositions can handle there private business with the government job at same time.
But as of you a joinor work thae holll o the stress is on your. So in this case to handle the both it will be a very hard thing to do, you can only appoint someone to take care of the business for her will stand as a manager there.
So as o joinor worker it will be hard for you to handle the both, but as a director or any of the high office you can do it. That is in my country.
There are lot of ways of handling both in my country but the major is quite bad to be truthful.
And the first one has even become rampant in every part of the nation,they will attend the government work and leave at their own time. Some even do ghost work.
I think the best way is to have someone managing your work for you also while you are away

Victor001

Every body is not the same, my capabilities might be your incapabilities,the nature of a job can permit one to run different business and otherwise,there is no restrictions to having a partner or workers running your business while you focus solely on your government job,so it's possible to kill two bird with one stone.

Timison

We possibly should be mindful when delivering help to relatives however it doesn't mean we ought not deliver help to them. You can give out what you can bear at that specific time and be earnest with them. They will most likely comprehend you when you need more to give them also. Being miserly to family is certifiably not an engaging plan to me

Briangsam

People have a lackadaisical attitude or approach to government works. Maybe not a lackadaisical attitude per se but a lax in attitude. So they leave whenever they want and head to their businesses to oversea the runnings there. I see many people do that. But it is wrong. Rather get a good management team for your business.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You can still manage it as a junior worker a lot of people are doing it. It is all about working your time around it but know that you can't give it ? attention that you would without the government job, so as I have written already, you need to create time for your business or you let another run it for you while you monitor

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Being a government worker and also having your own business is very common these days. An example are doctors who work at the federal medical centres but also have their own private hospitals. Meaning of these doctors refer the patient they get from the federal medical centres to their own private hospitals. It is actually advisable to have a private business outside your daily job.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view as a well experienced businessman I believe for you to manage a government work and your company work is a very hard tax but it all depends on the position you are in the company if you are the manager of the private company and you're still working in the government organisation as a manager there is a possibility for you to schedule time for both work but if you are just a worker in your organisation then I don't think it is possible for you to do both job

Ozigba Richard Lamai

it is very possible to manage government job with your own business many people are doing it here in Nigeria the only thing you have to do is for you to be very consistent and dedicated in all you do you can have a manager in your private job and also go to work every day the manager will help you supervise your business and give you feedback on how the business is growing and you can also check up the business anytime you are free from work or during the weekend you can do audit for your business.