How Often Should Your Staff Be Paid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendy

Verified member
As an employer of labour, there are certain things and steps you should know about the welfare of your employees. Most employers of labour today, had once been an employee who worked under a superior and I am very certain they can attest to how bitter it felt when they were owed salaries or not paid at all after performing their duties. The same way an employer feels when he has surplus or constant customer patronage is just the same way employees feel happy when they are being paid their wages on time and the same way an employer feels when their is no sales is ultimately the same way an employee feels when his wages are not being payed.

All these boils down to motivation. A worker always has his eyes fixed on his wages and as an employer, you should make it possible to fulfil their rights. There are some business owners who are saddist and derives joy in frequently owing employees their salaries and surprisingly, they would still expect their workers to be motivated by carrying out their duties effectively. Things do not work that way, this could be likened to a car which is without fuel, would you expect a car to function without an engine? How often do you pay your workers or how often should they be paid?

Rachael

Verified member
I grew up with my grandfather and while he was still alive, he invested massively in real estate business by buying of lands and using them majorly for agricultural activities. he had many laborers who worked on his cocoa farm, plantation farm and oil pam farm. He paid his workers depending on the type of work and number of days it would last but for the many occasions I had seen him pay his workers was daily. When once they had finished their job for the day, he pays them immediately and if they continue the following day, he pays them as well.

This was the routine my grandfather had adopted and he never for once owed his workers. You would never see them mumble or grumble due to lack of paying their wages. In most government and private organizations in my homestead, they adopt payment of wages or salaries on a monthly basis and if you were employed in the middle of the month, then your payment would be half and in the coming months, you would get a full payment. This monthly payment method is only favorable to employers but it is detrimental to employees because they end up owing debts even before the salary comes.

E

eldavis

Based on the topic, employees should be paid their salaries when due. When employees get paid on time or in most cases even before the stated time, it is a from of motivation for them to keep working hard and putting in their very best.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
I think paying employees salaries in time is very important because this will help the employees to stay focused and also make them discharge their duties the way they should, but when the employees are owed salaries they won't be any motivation to do any kind of work because the fuel that drives them is drained.

In developed countries, wages are paid hourly and employees are taken serious and if any employees should report any company because of wages, the company will be penalized severely.

It's sheer wickedness to delay employees their hard earned salaries on time.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The payment of staff is something that has been generating a lot of talk by some people especially on social media . In general I believe that how often you should pay your staff their salary is going to be dependent on what is obtainable in your own country . There are some geographical locations that are much more comfortable if they are being paid weekly and there are some that are much more comfortable if it is left at the end of the month and in some very rare cases if it is being done at the end of the day .

Most items in order to get the best out of your employees it is important that you should add other types of payment that is outside your contractual agreement . This kind of payments are usually aimed at boosting their moral and this is going to include things like paying them the 13th month allowance or performance-related bonuses . These kind of payments are usually unforeseen and even if they are not going to be much they are actually going to go a long way in brightening their mood and sending a message that you care about them.

Ajebo25

Verified member
The amount of money you pay to your staffs depends on the amount of stress in the work which they are doing for you it also depends in the amount of time it will take them before they will finish the work if it's daily payment it should be low but if it's monthly you will add something to it.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
The point is that if you ask some employees how often they should be paid you will come to find out that 95% of them will suggest that they should be paid on monthly basis and maybe the 5% will suggest they should be paid on a weekly basis or 2 weeks basis, depending on their own aarrangement.

But that is not really a point of concentration, the point of consideration to them is how this money should be paid to them immediately the time interval is complete.

I have seen so many employers who will not at any time make an attempt to pay their employees at the right time.

I have seen so many employers that have refused an employee his five-month salary without paying. All these things are not the best , at the end of the day the employee might be forced to quit since he or she is not being paid. A lot of these employers are using the high level of unemployment in the country to exploit every employees in the name of employment.

Personally I can't stay with any employers more than two months if my salary is not being paid because I understand who some of them are .

Status
Not open for further replies.