How much money have you invested in crypto?

Imran Noori

Verified member
Crypto currency is a new industry and people are getting interested in it day by day, some people invested all their life savings in it, while some invested a portion of their savings in it.

I think it is not wise to invest all your life savings in crypto market, but you can invest a portion of it, as some people say "do not invest more than you can afford to lose".

How much money have you invested in crypto?

arunima25

Verified member
It's not wise to put all your life savings in any one single kind of investment. Even if you have good enough money, it is always suggested to keep a diverse financial portfolio.
Now coming to crypto market. It's a very recent one but has picked up a lot of popularity, at least a lot of talk and attention is given to it. The market of cryptos have been very unclear and unpredictable from the very beginning. It does involve a good amount; of risk appetite too. The market has seen several highs and lows . There has been bullish phases and bearish phases. The current bearish phase has been the worst and the longest one so far. Many are hopeful that it will rebound back. But still we see no signs of any rebound. The hopes of another bullish phase is getting weaker by each passing day. But there are still investors who are hopeful and continue investing there.
The future of cryptos still hang in air in modt of the countries. In my country India, the stand of government about the legal status and acceptance of cryptos is not clear. It's been made taxable. But government has made it very clear that it should not be taken as an indication of it being legalized.
Since it's never been clear about the legal aspects of cryptos in India, I chose to stay away from it.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Currently , I am not investing anything in cryptocurrency. some of the money I invested in the fantom coin has drop so much and I have to take a break until I am very sure that the price of all cryptocurrency will start moving up before I can think of investing more again.

Then that I invested in the phantom coin I invested about $50 in the crypto-currency but that $50 as drops to a point I could not even imagine currently it is about $7, completely beyond my outmost expectation.

Well I still believe in cryptocurrency but currently whenever I am investing in cryptocurrency I'll always like to take profit as soon as possible because the price of all cryptocurrency can drop any time making it quite difficult for you to take profit.

For now I am hoping to invest in solano and probably more in the fantom coin. ..

arunima25

Verified member
Despite all the turbulence in the current crypto market, many people have a strong faith that the cryptocurrency market would bounce back. They still continue to invest in crypto markets. In fact many of them feel that the current bearish market is the best time to purchase the coins at the low rate, so that you can have a huge profit when the prices bounce back. There might not be a concrete basis for their belief in crypto market. Their faith is mostly based on speculations or on the previous experience where a bullish phase did come after bearish one. But this current bearish phase has prolonged too much and it's been more than a year that all the crypto coins are showing down trend. And there is still no signs of recovery.
While there are many who still have their unshaken faith in cryptos, many have lost their patience and are now hesitant about the investment there. They have either reduced their investment there or put a pause for a while till the market shows some positive signs. It's crossed their risk appetite capacity and they want to take a break.
Whatever might be the case, it is definitely not the time to invest there if you eye a short term gain. It might be okay to invest a little abd wait for long term gain

Shaf

Verified member
Currently, I have nothing invested in crypto. I was lucky not to be caught in the wave of downtrends that occured after Luna crashed and even that of FTX. All I had was about $5 worth of SLP on FTX so it's negligible.

I have invested as much as $200 though during the bull run, and all my earnings from working online were invested in cryptocurrency. Without adequate knowledge, I lost it all and only could salvage about $80.

The bear market is not actually the time to be investing money into cryptocurrency. This is the time to accumulate fiat and DCA into your favorite projects, especially the ones that are really strong.

The plan I have now is to invest at least $100 into Bitcoin and Ethereum. I would also like to have some BNB, but it would be worth it if the price fell below $200 first. Some new L1's and L2's are worth looking at too. We might just see a mini bull run in 2023 before we continue moving sideways till 2024 or 2025.

arunima25

Verified member
Currently, I have nothing invested in crypto. I was lucky not to be caught in the wave of downtrends that occured after Luna crashed and even that of FTX. All I had was about $5 worth of SLP on FTX so it's negligible.

I have invested as much as $200 though during the bull run, and all my earnings from working online were invested in cryptocurrency. Without adequate knowledge, I lost it all and only could salvage about $80.

The bear market is not actually the time to be investing money into cryptocurrency. This is the time to accumulate fiat and DCA into your favorite projects, especially the ones that are really strong.

The plan I have now is to invest at least $100 into Bitcoin and Ethereum. I would also like to have some BNB, but it would be worth it if the price fell below $200 first. Some new L1's and L2's are worth looking at too. We might just see a mini bull run in 2023 before we continue moving sideways till 2024 or 2025.
Seems like you have got a lots of insight into the crypto market. And it's obvious from yout post that you have been involved with crypto for a while to understand it so well. I am sorry that you lost such a huge amount of your online earnings there in crypto market. And you mentioned that it was all because of your lack of adequate knowledge. I have no personal experience of crypto. I could never understand it and feel confident about it. So, I stayed away..I am learning about it through online sources and discussion on the threads in forums like this. So, would you be able to tell us what would be the adequate knowledge to invest in crypto.?
I have read many have stopped investing there for the time being as the bearish phass has gone too long and they have already lost a lot. While many feel that it's right time to invest there when the market is bearish. You will have huge gain when it gets bullish again. But most feel that the investment should be in small amounts as per your risk appetite abd it should be for long run. Even your view is the same as I make out reading your response.
You have speculations of a short bullish phase and then downtrend going for another couple of years. What's the basis of these speculations??

Weas

Each cryptocurrency has its own address or qr-code for each user. Therefore, if you want to accept cryptocurrency as payment, use your personal cryptocurrency address or qr-code to accept payments.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Well I might start investing in cryptocurrency but for now I just believe that I have a lot of things to do. The crypto market is really confusing and without proper understanding of how to navigate through you might end up losing your money in the cause of trying to make money.

Cryptocurrency generally comes with a lot of things such as mystery and you must really understand how the market works before you even think of committing your money and also anyone interested to invest now must just know the difference between short-term and long-term .

If your long-term investors then stick to it and also the other way around.

Activator230822

Verified member
I personally very skeptical about the fate of crypto currency right from the word go.
Due to the fact that crypto currency is very volatile and that it faces alot of market downtrends for over a year now, I have not invest anything in it neither I am I planning to do so in the near future. I think I don't have such much pressure of like to invest during this tough times. I'd rather wait until all the crypto currency show positive signs of picking up then I can start thinking about investing from there.
However there are people who have alot of money that are now buying the crypto-currency at relatively cheap prices and expect to sell it bigger profits when the prices peak up.
However the financial advisors have it that whoever plans to invest in crypto currency must do so with the money that they can afford to loose. So with that being said I would start investing with some $50 worthy of bitcoins when the prices of crypto Coins peaks up.