Finance How Much Finance Is Required To Start A Stationary Shop?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all must know that finance is one of the most important things in any business. In fact, finance is so important that many people are willing to take the risk of borrowing money in order to start business. This is also one of the main reasons why people choose to start a business that might not require much capital. I have thought about stationary shop because the stationary items in my country are not that expensive and you might invest a small amount of capital in order to start a small stationary shop. However, this is my opinion only and I might be wrong. So, how much capital do you think it is required to start a stationary shop? Please leave some great suggestions. Thanks!

Good luck

Verified member
Stationary business do not require a lot of capital to get started. The only or probably major challenges is the location.If you are able to site a shop in a very good environment where you have lots of students or pupils you are sure of making good sales starting with something small.The product to be sold is also a major factor.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Stationary business do not require a lot of capital to get started. The only or probably major challenges is the location.If you are able to site a shop in a very good environment where you have lots of students or pupils you are sure of making good sales starting with something small.The product to be sold is also a major factor.

The problem with stationary business is that you may not earn much if you do not get customers regularly. Since, stationary shop does not require a lots of capital to start, the profit ratio of stationary shops is also quite low for the very same reason. Unfortunately, this is a sad fact. Just like any other business, you need to make sales when it comes to selling stationary items.

Good luck

Verified member
The problem with stationary business is that you may not earn much if you do not get customers regularly. Since, stationary shop does not require a lots of capital to start, the profit ratio of stationary shops is also quite low for the very same reason. Unfortunately, this is a sad fact. Just like any other business, you need to make sales when it comes to selling stationary items.
You are right,that is why I said the business must be situated in an environment that you have a lot of students and you also make sure you don't inflate your price much.you may possibly give discount to customers that patronize you every time so that you can win their interest for you.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It depends on your location. If you are trying to set up a shop in a business district, you will end up paying a lot of money just on rents, however, if you are setting up in the outskirts, rent will be fairly cheap. The cost also depends on the size of your shop.

Suba

Staff member
Stationary is very much needed by anyone, especially students and students, and I assume you have got a strategic location, I can't estimate the budget for the funds needed because of different state and financial conditions, but essentially you need capital details such as the first initial investment consisting of from renovation of business premises, glass cabinets, bookcases, tables etc., both operational costs, electricity, employee salaries, bags/wrapping for buyers etc. Furthermore, you can also estimate sales so that the estimated gross profit will be known.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
First of all, I think it depends on the kind of business you are intending to venture into. Imagine how huge the capital that someone planning to start a car selling business compared to someone that wants to venture into the selling of car tires, without much statistics, one can easily know the big difference between both of them in terms of the amount they will be needing as a beginner.
Second of all, your location also matters because of the currency, I do not really know where you are located but I am from nigeria and the price of things around here keep inflating.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
The very beginning of stationery shop operating is to put the financial planning. These are the least numerous of the items necessary for starting a business. They include the money for inventory, payments for rent/lease, equipment like cash registers and displays, insurance, licenses/permits and working capital, which you will use first months until income builds up. Price can range from $10,000 for simple at-home operations to $50,000 for a larger established shop in a prime location. Having a business plan designed for the entire project in mind is a great way of coming up with start up capital expense forecasts..

Last edited: