General insurance how much does an insurance agent make?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is a good quality to always seek knowledge at any point in time. I am considering doing business and insurance in my master degree program.

The reason is that I mean later end up being an insurance agent after finish the program depending on how things unfold as Time goes On. I am doing this because I see a need for more insurance agency in My City than ever before.

I got to know about this when I was discussing with a businessman who just arrived in My City and find it difficult to choose from the insurance company available in the city.

I search around to see if I could come and cross and Insurance Agents and ask some question all to no avail.

So I want to ask you guys that do you have idea about the salary of Insurance Agents and how much are there any in a month?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no peg to what an insurance agent can earn. Sometimes he may earn low while at times he may earn big. His earning really depends on the number of people that he can secure as his agent. Definitely, to earn big, then an insurance agent must work harder to win people.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
How much insurance agent earns depends on how many insurance policies he has sold. Agents make money in two ways one, they earn fixed amount for each sale, two they earn recurring profits on their sales. In order to generate full time income, an insurance agent has to sell at least 10 every month.

Good luck

Verified member
An insurance agent make their money through the insurance company they are partnering with.they try to persuade prospective clients to insure their properties and they some percentage from the premium the person pay.They get more income as more clients comes in to the system.An insurance agent must be willing and devoted to work to get customers to make good income

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
As far as I know, an insurance agent is almost like an independent worker or a contractor worker, they can also be called a self-employed because they get paid by their client and the payment is usually on a contract basis. They render their services and request for their wage immediately

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I do not think there is any limit to the amount an insurance agent can make . Beside to be asking an agent ho much he or sh can make its look like feeling hand into somebody secret which is private and must be kept secret. The money individual agent can make depend on tje policy he or she can sell to the propect

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The salary of a insurance agents varies , because most insurance agents works for different insurance companies as they get paid at a particular point in time ,so it would be very difficult to just denotes the real amount they earn from the companies they are actually working with I think

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have seen some people saying insurance agents make money through the insurance company they partner with. Though this may be correct but it is to be noted that agent are not hired by any insurance company, they are only being paid a commision and not salary as against the broker.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Insurance Agents are paid according to their level in my country in most of the insurance companies. Those with the entry-level earn between 12,000 dollars to 15,000 dollars per month depending on the company they are working for. Those who are at the level 7 usually earn more done that couple with bonuses and some other added values.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Firstly it is dependent on the kind of insurance company he or she is working for. I don't think there is a particular fixated amount in which an insurance agent can make. But definitely they make a whole lot of money if they are professional what they do and they are pretty popular as well.