Trading Discussion How long did it take you to learn forex trading

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Forex is one of those ways of making money that I am scared to learn. I have tried my possible best to learn how it works but I couldn't learn it. I remembered those days that I always woke up to watch some YouTube videos just to learn it but I would end up getting tired because most of the videos I watched, the presenter, either didn't know much or the forex trading or wanted people to pay or reached out to them on WhatsApp.

What discouraged me the most is what my friend who's neither an expert or a rookie in forex told me that I should prepare to lose if truly I want to win on forex. I just couldn't imagine a situation where I must lose before I win. The decision was hard for me to choose. That's why I let go of forex. I wish I was not not scared away.

I still have soft spot for learning forex and I would be glad if there is help from any memeber on this forum. I have known some basic terms do use there and I know some things that are associated with forex trading. I only need some practical demonstration.

Zonked

I have been in the market for over two years and I am still learning. Every time I think that I have seen all there is to see in the market, the market surprises me with new things. If you are planning to start, make your mind that you will have to learn every day and with every trade.
Relatable! You never stop learning. I think this is what makes the market challenging. As a trader, if you want to be profitable, you have to consistently work hard and stay disciplined.

Torsade

There is no one particular golden period for learning Forex trading. But, in general, I would say that it requires a great deal of self discipline and commitment from the trader. It is like learning any other language or skill. You need to be ready to make a time commitment, and be open to the idea that you will need to start from the beginning and work your way up.