How do you stay profitable during time's of Economic hardship?

eenya00

Currently in my country we are facing an all time high inflation rate.
prices of commodities have skyrocketed at least 3 times the price it was during this same period last year.

The thing is that, i use to have a shawarma shop, where i also sell fried chicken, ice cream and French fries.
business was moving very smoothly for me up until the beginning of this year when prices of commodities started going up.

If you are conversant with shawarma, you would know that almost every product that is been used in the production is mostly imported in my country of residency and with a very scarce forex availability in the country, the prices of the raw materials i used in production went up by 400%, i tried everything humanly possible i believe to stay profitable, but it was not working. as i was fixing this issue or looking for an alternative, another would still pop up, at the end i had to give in and close the business, which was very hard for me to take, because i have invested a lot of time and money in seeing that the business stands the test of time.

If you are a business owner, how do you manage to stay profitable during time's of uncertainty and rising cost of commodities, i would love to see your response.