Saving Money How Do You Save Money as An Expat Living In A Different Country?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Living in a foreign country might not be an easy thing to do. I have heard about various horrible stories of people who travelled to a foreign country with hopes of making money but ending up getting stuck or ended up in great trouble. One of the major problems associated with living in a foreign country is saving money. There comes a time when you just are not able to save money at all for your family or yourself and you just work there without any money in your hands in the end and this why many people are not able to return to their home country. What advice can you give to such people who are currently dealing with such kind of problem in a foreign country? How can they save money?

Mika

VIP Contributor
saving always depends on your income. If you earn more than what you need to pay bills you can always save a good amount. Whether you are living in foreign country or your own country, you can save money only when your earnings are bigger than your expenses. Saving is difficult if the cost of living in a foreign country is high

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was assigned work in London there was a living allowance that is more than enough for my needs. I was able to save more money than when I was stationed in our country. That's where I learned to be frugal that I check the prices very well when I am in the supermarket. It is nice to have a big savings when I came home.