How do you prefer your pension to be paid??

D

Deleted member 28873

I dont know am not old yet but am certain that I don't want to depend on any pension plan.I don't think pension could be payed to someone all at once or maybe it just that I haven't seen I would make my research.but come to think of it why would any one want to eat all his cake at once and remain hungry later on.pension money is not usually that much it only a meagre compared to the main salary the fellow was collecting before.It majorly for sustainance,slightly comfortable living.That is why it is advisable to make strong investment before retiring.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
@sincerem, I would prefer it is paid once for all. If they pay little by little, there would be no value for the money. It will be spent on trivial things and you won't be able to account for how it is being spent. That is the annoying part of it. And the government of my country is not even making it bearable for the retirees and/or pensioners. The money collection process is tedious, tiring, and frustrating. May God help us.
That's true, the pattern of our government when it concerns pensioners is very tiring and tedious. They are not considering making retired civil servants happy at all. They are only concerned about their own welfare and not the welfare of those that worked for them in the time frame of 35years. If i will get my pension paid once and for all I will be satisfied for that. At least it will enable me to incest in more meaningful things of life that will yield me enough dividends to carter for my needs and those in needy too.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
When am done with serving my country ,that is if I stay their for goof 35yeara in services at the age of likely 60year.

I will like the government to pay me quickly not to be delaying me before I could get it.
Pension is an emoluments benefit one received after service.
If government can make the process to be faster it will be okay.

MarieArie

Their are people, I mean retirees that wouldn't love to get monthly salary from his or her pension allowances. They will like get all payment at once just like the gratuity type of retirement reward. Why those that can't save up will always want the Monthly stipends to enable them take care of their needs, especially paying for utility bills and other stuff. I love receiving everything I worked for at once, if I can get my pension reward at once, it will make me feel good. I love investing on more beneficial things with good sum of money to be earned and re_invested.

If you're a retired civil servant how do you want your salary to be paid?? Pay you everything they owe you once, or by monthly??
@sincerem, I would prefer it is paid once for all. If they pay little by little, there would be no value for the money. It will be spent on trivial things and you won't be able to account for how it is being spent. That is the annoying part of it. And the government of my country is not even making it bearable for the retirees and/or pensioners. The money collection process is tedious, tiring, and frustrating. May God help us.

IamDozzy

Their are people, I mean retirees that wouldn't love to get monthly salary from his or her pension allowances. They will like get all payment at once just like the gratuity type of retirement reward. Why those that can't save up will always want the Monthly stipends to enable them take care of their needs, especially paying for utility bills and other stuff. I love receiving everything I worked for at once, if I can get my pension reward at once, it will make me feel good. I love investing on more beneficial things with good sum of money to be earned and re_invested.

If you're a retired civil servant how do you want your salary to be paid?? Pay you everything they owe you once, or by monthly??
I would prefer my pension to be paid in installments or monthly so as not to squander it on frivolities. I have come to notice that those who receive their full salary or pension and don't have proper planning usually go and a spending spree. When they have exhausted their pension, they start begging relatives for sustenance or they engage in odd jobs that put their health at risk. Monthly payments help to cushion the effects of unnecessary spending.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The idea of receiving all your patience at once sounds great, especially if you already have a good plan on how to invest it. Your investment will then continue paying you for a long time.

In my country, pension is paid by giving you a large sum when you retire but not your full amount. The remaining amount is then given to you monthly till when you die. I think this is also a very good option for receiving pension. The first large sum can be used for investment and the rest monthly income can be for bills and other expenses.
Yeah it gonna feel good to get all pension salaries paid at once, let me used it to start a lucrative business, just as private liability companies do here in my country. Your country act that way too, but half way, at least, they pay retired civil servants half of what supposed to be paid. Then the rest will be paid monthly till when the person dies. That is a good plan too, your country have a good for it's civil servants. In my country you'll only expect it monthly, unless its gratuity, they pay that one once in a lifetime after retirement.

Donkiz

Lots of people will prefer to receive their pension in one lump just like the way gratuities are processed, but the fact is that in most countries you don't really have a say on how your pension is paid.

In my country, there are two set of individuals that receives pension, one is government workers and the other are people that worked for some private organizations that have pension plan.

For government workers, once you retire your pension will be processed and you will start receiving pension monthly within three months of retirement if everything is in order. So you don't have any input on how it's to be paid, it's the government that decides.

For pensionable private workers, there's what they call compulsory pension contribution, in this a part of your monthly salary is paid to your pension manager and your employer is mandated to equally contribute monthly to the pension. On retirement, the pension fund administrator is expected to pay you the contributed pension in three installments with the first installment being 25% of the total sum.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
The idea of receiving all your patience at once sounds great, especially if you already have a good plan on how to invest it. Your investment will then continue paying you for a long time.

In my country, pension is paid by giving you a large sum when you retire but not your full amount. The remaining amount is then given to you monthly till when you die. I think this is also a very good option for receiving pension. The first large sum can be used for investment and the rest monthly income can be for bills and other expenses.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Am not sure if a pensioner has a say on how his/her pension is to be paid, it is general method that is adopted by all organizations, pension are paid monthly, gratuity is what is paid one's and they are mostly large amount of money compared to pension which is just a monthly token. That is why it is advisable to have a business before retirement, so you can have other sources of income.
Yeah, it is always advised to run a business initiative before waiting for pension to come back. When it comes to how my country choose to pay their own pension, you will know that the system is rigid. Imagine where you'll bow out of work and not receiving your pension in short duration after you bowed out of work. Sometimes it stays up to 4 years and sometimes too the retiree never get his pension for life. That's the bad system we are talking about all day, it favours some persons and other languishing in abject poverty.

Sammyesx

Am not sure if a pensioner has a say on how his/her pension is to be paid, it is general method that is adopted by all organizations, pension are paid monthly, gratuity is what is paid one's and they are mostly large amount of money compared to pension which is just a monthly token. That is why it is advisable to have a business before retirement, so you can have other sources of income.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I have seen your several posts on pension ,and I think you do not really know what pension is all about .
Permit me to ask you this question ? , If you are an employer ,will you pay your worker five years salary at a straight ? , Ofcourse the answer will definitely be No .
Pension is another name for salary , the difference is that salary is used for those who are still in the field ,while pension is for those who have retired . Both are similar in the sense that they are paid monthly .
The thing here is that there is no way one can receive pension at once ,because you can calculate exactly how long the person is going to live.
Pension is paid as far as the employee is alive , upon his or her death , the government stops the payment.
It is not like gratuity . Gratuity is structured to be paid once ,and pension to be paid monthly .
Lol, I'm kinda wanting it once if I'm to command such, I know how pension works. I know its paid monthly, but if you ask me, how do I want my own to be paid?? I will gently say, once. Cos I don't like waiting long over the month to get paid a little token. I know how little the pension its, you know how delaying it is too, together with the gratuity. That's why I want it, the way other lucrative private companies pay their esteemed workers. If I have such option to make a proposal for myself I will gladly opt for all to be paid at once. Waiting and waiting for every month for the little stipend won't buy a house, or build one for me, nor enable start up a lucrative business of my own. Since the gratuity stays longer than expected to come by, here in our country.

Josemendez

Verified member
I have seen your several posts on pension ,and I think you do not really know what pension is all about .
Permit me to ask you this question ? , If you are an employer ,will you pay your worker five years salary at a straight ? , Ofcourse the answer will definitely be No .
Pension is another name for salary , the difference is that salary is used for those who are still in the field ,while pension is for those who have retired . Both are similar in the sense that they are paid monthly .
The thing here is that there is no way one can receive pension at once ,because you can calculate exactly how long the person is going to live.
Pension is paid as far as the employee is alive , upon his or her death , the government stops the payment.
It is not like gratuity . Gratuity is structured to be paid once ,and pension to be paid monthly .