Shares/Stock How do you make money being a shareholder.

Shareholders can make money through capital gain a share of stock represents a fraction of ownership of the corporation that issued it, dividend,taxes on stocks incomes and they can also earn through retirement account tops

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It depends on the kind of share holder option you ventured into. You can simply become a share holder by investing bit part with a business enterprise or a company and share revenue with the company or simply buying some stock, and earn reward of the commodity when the price of the asset spikes. You can also invest in small businesses and become a shareholder there. Their are plenty of avenues we can simply look into and become a share holder and earn dividends through passive way simply because we invested reasonable amount of money into such venture or investment option.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When you have invested on shares, you make money in various ways, for instance earn dividends, or earn profits by selling, or trading. Investing for longer time can yield better profits compared to trading or selling, but it is also a risky method because the stock market can crash or the company whose shares you bought can go bankrupt. This has happened many times and you need to be careful about choosing the shares from the right company. The key to minimize this risk is by investing in numerous companies instead of buying shares from the same company with all of your money.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When you have shares of stocks of a corporation that makes you a part owner. Usually at the end of the year the profits of the corporation are divided among the stockholders (part owners) in the form of dividends. The most common dividend is the cash dividend per share although sometimes the company would give stock dividends. The latter means the number of your stocks would grow. For example you own 1,000 shares of stocks and you received 30 shares as your stock dividend then your total shares would be 1,030 shares.

Another way of earning money in stocks is when the price goes up over the price that you bought the stocks which means there is profit already. I have experienced my stocks with an 8% increase in the market price although I did not sell because I do not need the money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There are many ways to make money as a shareholder, the easiest way is to earn dividends. Earning dividends means you earn money on your share. If the company is making a profit, will distribute the profit to the share holders and you will earn a profit on your investment. Some companies give you cash dividends where as some companies give you share dividends (instead of profits on cash, you will receive shares, which you can sell to make a profit or keep for yourself for more profits). You can also make money from the share by investing for the long term.