How do you develop a good business sense?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Knowledge is you develop through study, intelligence is something get by birth. Having a good business sense comes from your birth. That's that reason why some people become successful with little work where as some people fail even though they do a lot of hard work. You might study to develop business sense, but that will not work as good as if you were born with business sense. Warren Buffet earned more than his teacher when he was still at school. At the age of 14, when his parents took him to New York, he wanted to see New York Stock Exchange, This is called a business sense.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
People who are really interested to start a business will always know the best way to go about the type of business they are interested except maybe for people who are not really serious, most business nowadays will only needs to be expose online to attract more people.. internet marketing is very important in most business and that is what every business man or woman should consider to do. there are a lot of digital marketers out there that can be able to advertise your product to thousands of people at a lower rate. You can also learn digital marketing to advertise it yourself.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I believe having a good and viable sense of business is the major thing. We need to know what the people in our environment or town need. If we can know exactly what they are lacking then we can set up a business that will answer to those needs. I think by thinking that way, we will know what type of business to start.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I believe that the first and most importantly that you can position yourself is by studying other successful people. You can always do this by engaging in mentorship programs or by reading books that were written by people who were actually successful in business.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I actually believe that to run a business successfully you will have to see having a good business sense as a high priority on such business but in the end that is what actually drives the business forward. That you have a good strategy to run your business and be ahead of your business competitors only entails that you as a business man has a very go business sense.
Reading educative books can be very helpful as you said but I guess we should pay more attention to ones that portrays the life experience of the past ot present successful business men rather than authors who just compose any stuff just to make money
You just have to set high priority and read educative books written by top ranking individual who have gone through many things in life and could impact your life positively

Good luck

Verified member
Business sense is a thing of the mind.It is an ability to create a new innovations that will boost the market and also affect the market positively.Building an idea from your mind and Making it more unique beyond what you have in the market.It is a strategic form of advertising a new thing and also give it a good package.

ManiMoon

In my opinion, a better and complete understanding of economics, accounting, finance, and business models plays a crucial role to develop a business sense.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well, business can vary to a degree and depends on which context we are looking at, I believe that anybody that is confident and calm does possess business sense, because such individuals will have the ability to sell to anyone because of there demeanor alone, other qualities abound also like honesty, commitment e.t.c

Skysaint

Verified member
And most times attending seminar's , reading educative books about business , could actually play a very big role in increasing your business knowledge and the mindset to start up a better business and make it a very sucessful one at the end of the day , a good business sense contributes positivity to the business build up
I actually believe that to run a business successfully you will have to see having a good business sense as a high priority on such business but in the end that is what actually drives the business forward. That you have a good strategy to run your business and be ahead of your business competitors only entails that you as a business man has a very go business sense.
Reading educative books can be very helpful as you said but I guess we should pay more attention to ones that portrays the life experience of the past ot present successful business men rather than authors who just compose any stuff just to make money

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Business building start from ability to spot a problem affecting a lot of people and design a suitable products to address the problem.

This is how most of the businesses around the world are formed. Take for instance, real estate investment and business was created in order to address the housing deficit.

I attended a seminar few months ago. The guest speaker stated that it is good to have a business sense in order to exploit the marketplace for your own gain. I thought about it several times when I got home.

The problem is that I couldn't figure it out on how to have a good business sense. So I want to ask you guys that how can someone develop a good business sense?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
To achieve anything in life, I believe that interest is the number one thing that is most important. Developing a good business sense will not be hard as thought If you are interested, I mean this is what will drive you to the level of being a business minded person, it all starts with some early steps and again some other factors that could help is attending business conference, tutoring and more like it. These things help build your reasoning, it develops your marketing skills and make you more creative, you will start to think more like an entrepreneur and that is how you will know that you are getting ready for it.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
To develop a good business sense, you must be able to see the good side of everything financially even when others doesn't take a notice of it. A good business man with a good business sense always know how to harness a situation to turn it into being financially productive to him or her
And most times attending seminar's , reading educative books about business , could actually play a very big role in increasing your business knowledge and the mindset to start up a better business and make it a very sucessful one at the end of the day , a good business sense contributes positivity to the business build up

Skysaint

Verified member
To develop a good business sense, you must be able to see the good side of everything financially even when others doesn't take a notice of it. A good business man with a good business sense always know how to harness a situation to turn it into being financially productive to him or her

Mika

VIP Contributor
You need to recognize the true potential of money, you should know what money can buy and what money cannot buy. You also need to understand the value of money, understanding the value of money means you know when to use money and when not to use it. You need Financial management skills

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
To develop a good business sense ,you actually need to have more idea about what you are investing , because so many people have earn loss by investing wrongly and they make more loss at the end of the day ,good business idea is really needed to make sucessful trades

D

Deleted member 28127

Most business people are starting as employees in such companies and day after day they earn money and knowledge but with little savings, they decide one day to leave the company and open their project after having enough savings. In majority this will be about the same subject means if the company of transportation employee will open a project of transportation and car rental.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The fact is not all of us that will be expert in business. Those that will be a good business person would have been seem the trait. However, we can learn how to be a good business person in seminars, reading of books and observing some successful business persons and having a good business mentor.