How Do You Deal With A Job That Requires You To Sit For Long Hours

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am currently working as a full-time online earner. Unfortunately, my job requires me to sit for long hours and this is really damaging my health at a very young age. many experts have suggested that you should not sit for many hours and you must take breaks whenever you sit. Sitting for many hours can be unhealthy and this is what I do realize. How do I deal with this problem? Do you think I should take break after every 15 minutes and this is exactly what I am now planning to do. Fortunately, I am an online earner, so I am my own boss. What about you? How do you deal with such a situation in an offline job?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I earn mostly online this days than in my offline business, which is a gaming one. U work almost 10-12 hours everyday for consecutive six (6) days. Then take off a day to engage in football training, which helps me regain fitness and strengthen weak muscles and bones that gone fatigue due to sitting at one point pressing my computer doing online tasks.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
You can engage yourself in some activities that allows you to stretch your body. It could be some light exercises session which are very healthy and helpful to the body.

Sitting for a very long time could tire your body up and may even cause depression, we need to engage ourselves in some exercises that can lighten us up little.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I cannot sit for long for anything. Being in one position for so long can lead to posture defects. You can find another posture that may be convinient for you while working online. At times, I lie down while working online if I am not comfortable with sitting again. Besides, taking of break should not be taking with levity as an online worker.

uforwealth

Verified member
Sedentary jobs are harmful to our body's fitness. If I can't cope with them, I will always take a break after every one hour to restore my fitness provided that I'm working for myself. If break-taking can't produce the result I desire, I will keep looking for another job that is capable of generating income for me with minimal effort and time, without leaving my current job.

Last edited:

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I earn mostly online this days than in my offline business, which is a gaming one. U work almost 10-12 hours everyday for consecutive six (6) days. Then take off a day to engage in football training, which helps me regain fitness and strengthen weak muscles and bones that gone fatigue due to sitting at one point pressing my computer doing online tasks.

Some studies have suggested that if you site for long hoursk, then even exercise and physical activity would not benefit you. Such is the big disadvantage associated with sitting too much. Unfortunately, I sit for really long hours and I am just not able to find a way to reduce my time that I spend sitting in front of computer screen.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Some studies have suggested that if you site for long hoursk, then even exercise and physical activity would not benefit you. Such is the big disadvantage associated with sitting too much. Unfortunately, I sit for really long hours and I am just not able to find a way to reduce my time that I spend sitting in front of computer screen.
I know how it is to spend hours online, i know it carries health implications. That's why when we work for long we take some time out, to exercise the body well to avoid fatigue or break down in health. At this moment, their is nothing stopping me sitting in the front of my computer working for long, cos I'm doing that for a purpose, just as you do.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Most of my jobs were sedentary that I had to work in front of the computer. Whenever I would feel pain anywhere in my body I would stand up and walk a little. There was a time that my boss noticed that I was going to the toilet too often. I reasoned out that I had a problem with my bladder but the truth is I was feeling a frozen leg so I had to walk a little just to shake my muscles.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
There many health challenges associated with sitting for long hours. It also have effect on one's mental health. Research showed that it weaken the muscle and increases body pains. The remedy is to take a walk at a specific interval of time and do exercise regularly. It could be simple exercise like push up , a little jogging etc

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I am currently working as a full-time online earner. Unfortunately, my job requires me to sit for long hours and this is really damaging my health at a very young age. many experts have suggested that you should not sit for many hours and you must take breaks whenever you sit. Sitting for many hours can be unhealthy and this is what I do realize. How do I deal with this problem? Do you think I should take break after every 15 minutes and this is exactly what I am now planning to do. Fortunately, I am an online earner, so I am my own boss. What about you? How do you deal with such a situation in an offline job?
I don’t sit any longer when I start feeling numbness or pains on my body. This is a way of the body letting me know my body is tired and I should take a break. So be taking intermittent breaks. You still have more time daily to make this money

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I don’t sit any longer when I start feeling numbness or pains on my body. This is a way of the body letting me know my body is tired and I should take a break. So be taking intermittent breaks. You still have more time daily to make this money

I believe that you should stand up and stop sitting BEFORE your body starts signalling this problem to you. Remember! pain and discomfort is NEVER a normal thing. If you are feeling a slight paid, then this means that your body cannot tolerate the pressure anymore. This is exactly what I have been felling when i sit for long hours. It is always a good idea to give breaks after every 15 minutes.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I believe that you should stand up and stop sitting BEFORE your body starts signalling this problem to you. Remember! pain and discomfort is NEVER a normal thing. If you are feeling a slight paid, then this means that your body cannot tolerate the pressure anymore. This is exactly what I have been felling when i sit for long hours. It is always a good idea to give breaks after every 15 minutes.
Exactly mate, we are on the same page, the body has a way of letting us know when it is pressured. The alarm on the body goes off and let us realizes that the body is in a discomfort zone. Whenever anything like this present itself I take a break for a while