How do i start a fashion designing business?

Fashion designing is one of the skills which I have wanted to acquire but I doubt its something I can really do because I started training of six months together with my brother but in three months my brother has learnt how to cut and sow while I was still struggling with how to match on the sowing machine. Now I see so many clients come with different designs to be made for them since sometimes my brother is in school he can't handle all the clients request and I watch them go with their cloths and money and then I wonder what if still without the skill I still want to satisfy this clients isnt it possible? Since I have tried to acquire the same skill and it isn't working for me.

My question is how can one start a fashion designing business without having the skill?

Victor001

Fashion designing business entails a lot, you must be capital intensive,you must be locational active,you must define your audience customer,you must be lucrative. I feel one of the key factor of fashion designing is getting adequate exposure, learning as an apprentice under someone who is knowledgeable,be willing to adapt to new changes as fashion is dynamic.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view fashion design business is not a business you can just start up anyhow before starting a fashion design business you need to learn about the business and also, you need to have good ideas as a tailor and also good idea to invent your own style of design before you can go into fashion design business. Fashion design business a business which involve your creativity, type of material African texture and so on

Haypril

First and foremost, put into consideration the factors involved in setting up a business to meet it primary aim of maximizing profit. After that, then source for ways to fund the business. But I will advise you stay away from loan when starting, loan can always comes in when there is need to.

Teatea

Since you have already tried learning it but you didn't get it, I think you should change your tutor. Try learning at a different fashion school, and this time around put all your attention in the learning process, if you truly love and want the profession, then you should get it. If this doesn't work, you can outsource, people bring in their clothing materials, you take it to the professionals to design and you get your cut.

eojo2401

Starting a fashion designing business is good but I will advise to have a basic skills in it. You said you have start but you find it difficult to learn it. Focus on it, pay much attention to it, be determined that you will know it. If you fail to understand it today doesn't mean that you will not know it for ever.

Georgeadawara

Fashion designer is a good business to start like now that everyone is after fashion you can make alot of money by having a fashion designer business but you need to have a enough capital to start it the location of we're it will be matters alot. And to aquire skills to bet a Best fashion designer having a skillful workers contrabut alot.

marcusfe

Fashion designing business is not what you can sit down at home and learn on your own. You need to register with an expert and learn for some period of time. In addition to this you need to have a passion for the business and most importantly be creative. There many fashion styles that you can invent by yourself which will become generally acceptable.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
To start fashion designing work require some step to be taken.
(1) You need to learn the work first because without learning the work you can't just jump in to it and think you can make head way.
(2) Be creative,that is one need yo be creative in whatever thing you are doing
(3) packaging: You need to package your self in such away that customers will like to patronise you.
(4) Your shop must be accessible to customers.

Adetayo100

Fashion business is very lucrative business, it is important in our daily activities. But before you start a fashion business you must learn about the trade, have some insight knowledge on what it is about. You can go to any fashion school and apply for registration, between a year or two you would have been a pro then you can start your fashion shop.

Maphalle

Your skills and abilities are more important to start with. Check your location and finances if you will be able to take ot up. Every business needs a thorough preparation in terms of capital, equipment, staff and etc.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

you can start a fashion business by first of all I'm having a location that location must be a place that you know it's very busy that people can locate you and see you for what you do best.fashion business requires skill you must have more skill for fashion and also be very innovative and creative because it demands your creativity for you to make different styles that people would like.

Mellorando

Banned
Fashion designing is a skill acquiring job before starting such a business you have to first of all learn the skill you can learn it from another fashion designing outlet and when you have mastered all there possible ways of the business then you can start it on your own to earn a living

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My advice to a budding fashion designer is to work as an apprentice or assistant to a popular fashion designer. No matter how good you are but you need a name for a starter. You are lucky to get customers for your designs if you will start by yourself even if you have a classy shop. A fashion designer career is like a lawyer that needs a group support.