How do I identify a fake or a scam website in 2022?

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi everyone!!! Hope you are all doing well.
Today I have a question for you and I would need your help, please.
The question is the following:

Undoubtedly, nowadays more and more people are interested in making money online rather
than making money offline. I believe the reasons are that online jobs are easier and less stressful
than offline jobs. Besides, with online jobs, you can work from the comfort of your own house.
Furthermore, working from home allows you to have flexible working hours. Isn't that great!

However, you must be very careful because although there is a great variety of websites, platforms
and applications online to choose from, most of them are fake. In the past, unfortunately, I wasted
precious time and effort working on these sites and of course in the end I did not receive any payments.
Isn't it disappointing and unfair at the same time? So, my question is how to spot a fake, fraudulent or
scam website. Are there any ways to check whether a website is legit or it is trying to scam you?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could enlighten me with your knowledge on this matter, please.
Your helpful information would help a lot of people here determine if a website is fake or not and then
try to avoid fake websites and applications. Thanking you all in advance.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
You can discover a fake website in so many ways. At first when you look at the URL address of a website you can have your first doubt if it is a fake one. You will notice even from the domain and also security protocol. You see a link having .xyz instead of .com, ng etc. Sometimes you see a website having http rather than https , this kind of site is usually not secured and can steal your data unknowingly. Some websites investment website don't disclose their full terms and conditions until you invest or performed some tasks and want to earn before they give you unfavorable conditions . this is a sign it's scam. Some websites purchase short domains just to hit and run within some months. You should be conscious of these. Don't invest in websites that run on free domain or have poor or no social media page . most are fake websites.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
You can discover a fake website in so many ways. At first when you look at the URL address of a website you can have your first doubt if it is a fake one. You will notice even from the domain and also security protocol. You see a link having .xyz instead of .com, ng etc. Sometimes you see a website having http rather than https , this kind of site is usually not secured and can steal your data unknowingly. Some websites investment website don't disclose their full terms and conditions until you invest or performed some tasks and want to earn before they give you unfavorable conditions . this is a sign it's scam. Some websites purchase short domains just to hit and run within some months. You should be conscious of these. Don't invest in websites that run on free domain or have poor or no social media page . most are fake websites.
Hi Jasz. Hope you are doing well. Thank you very much for your helpful post. I will have your post as a guide when I come across a new site so as to determine whether the specific site is a fake one or not. I am sure that many people here will find your post very helpful as well. It is really unbelievable how many fake websites exist online. The owners of these fake websites are looking for victims to work on their platforms, to take advantage of their effort and time, steal their personal data and of course not pay them in the end. In the beginning, when you are a new user of their platform, these owners may even reply to your questions just to make you trust them and not quit their site. However, when the time comes to withdraw your earnings, they will disappear and you will receive no answer. I am talking from personal experience. In the past, I worked on many websites which proved to be fake in the end. I wasted a lot of precious time. I did not realize that they were scam websites. That's why I asked for some help here. I wish that all websites were as legit and trustworthy as Trendri. Truly I tell you that Trendri is the first platform I have come across that is legit and a trusted one. Trendri is my favourite earning platform. Thanks again for your help, Jasz. Wish you all the best.

onlineinfopreneur

Hi everyone!!! Hope you are all doing well.
Today I have a question for you and I would need your help, please.
The question is the following:

Undoubtedly, nowadays more and more people are interested in making money online rather
than making money offline. I believe the reasons are that online jobs are easier and less stressful
than offline jobs. Besides, with online jobs, you can work from the comfort of your own house.
Furthermore, working from home allows you to have flexible working hours. Isn't that great!

However, you must be very careful because although there is a great variety of websites, platforms
and applications online to choose from, most of them are fake. In the past, unfortunately, I wasted
precious time and effort working on these sites and of course in the end I did not receive any payments.
Isn't it disappointing and unfair at the same time? So, my question is how to spot a fake, fraudulent or
scam website. Are there any ways to check whether a website is legit or it is trying to scam you?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could enlighten me with your knowledge on this matter, please.
Your helpful information would help a lot of people here determine if a website is fake or not and then
try to avoid fake websites and applications. Thanking you all in advance.
Hi LoukiaCharilaou,

Trust you are doing great by God's blessings.

It is a very interesting topic that you raised. I completely agree with Jasz reply.

LoukiaCharilaou, when it comes to online business, we should invest only if we have some spare funds without disturbing our funds allocated to monthly needs. Online business is unpredictable, we cannot blame anyone as it's part of our fate at times. Even the domain with a security protocol may change its terms and conditions without notice.

I was once a victim of such a business where thousands of people have enrolled and invested large sums of money. It did well for a couple of years by paying returns to its members. No doubt the company is a good, one organized international events, invited its members to the events to have fun and updates of the companies development. But one fine day, incoming funds to members stopped. Everyone was curious to know the drawback of such a sudden decision. They have changed their terms and conditions saying that they are unable to pay their members but can utilize other services of their site.

The company owners were helpless as the company funds had been swindled unexpectedly by their appointed Manager, who was doing good business for their company for the past few years. The owners of the company never had trust issues with their manager and never did they expect such a big failure despite having all the legal documents with them. So the game of online business is unpredictable.

So this reply is not to scare you or anyone reading this message but to stay alert and invest only if you have sufficient funds apart from keeping aside your monthly expenses.

My suggestion is to first check if the domain is secured and secondly read their terms and conditions thoroughly before investing. Always start with a minimum amount and then scale up by reinvesting the returns out of your investment.

You can easily make out some sites whether its' fake or fraud just by looking at their unsecured domain name, their website design, the content they use (mostly having grammatical errors) blurred images on their site, no contact details, no social media integrations. Please check their social profiles too simultaneously to assure that you are not falling in the wrong hands.

After all, it pains a lot when hard-earned money is lost.

I hope I could make you clear on your doubt.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi LoukiaCharilaou,

Trust you are doing great by God's blessings.

It is a very interesting topic that you raised. I completely agree with Jasz reply.

LoukiaCharilaou, when it comes to online business, we should invest only if we have some spare funds without disturbing our funds allocated to monthly needs. Online business is unpredictable, we cannot blame anyone as it's part of our fate at times. Even the domain with a security protocol may change its terms and conditions without notice.

I was once a victim of such a business where thousands of people have enrolled and invested large sums of money. It did well for a couple of years by paying returns to its members. No doubt the company is a good, one organized international events, invited its members to the events to have fun and updates of the companies development. But one fine day, incoming funds to members stopped. Everyone was curious to know the drawback of such a sudden decision. They have changed their terms and conditions saying that they are unable to pay their members but can utilize other services of their site.

The company owners were helpless as the company funds had been swindled unexpectedly by their appointed Manager, who was doing good business for their company for the past few years. The owners of the company never had trust issues with their manager and never did they expect such a big failure despite having all the legal documents with them. So the game of online business is unpredictable.

So this reply is not to scare you or anyone reading this message but to stay alert and invest only if you have sufficient funds apart from keeping aside your monthly expenses.

My suggestion is to first check if the domain is secured and secondly read their terms and conditions thoroughly before investing. Always start with a minimum amount and then scale up by reinvesting the returns out of your investment.

You can easily make out some sites whether its' fake or fraud just by looking at their unsecured domain name, their website design, the content they use (mostly having grammatical errors) blurred images on their site, no contact details, no social media integrations. Please check their social profiles too simultaneously to assure that you are not falling in the wrong hands.

After all, it pains a lot when hard-earned money is lost.

I hope I could make you clear on your doubt.
Hi onlineinfopreneur. Hope you are doing well. Your post is so well-written and so helpful. Thank you with all my heart for taking the time to guide and advise me. I greatly appreciate it. I am sure that all members here will find your post very helpful too. It is very important that you shared your personal experience so as to help all of us here. I know that your experience was a bit painful for you but, as you correctly say, the game of online business is unpredictable. It is true, nowadays, that there are a lot of fake websites online. Unfortunately, we cannot avoid it. That's life. However, we must be very careful and not so innocent and naive just to avoid such traps. Lots of thanks for your guidance, your advice and your willingness to help. Wish you and your family all the best. :)

onlineinfopreneur

Hi onlineinfopreneur. Hope you are doing well. Your post is so well-written and so helpful. Thank you with all my heart for taking the time to guide and advise me. I greatly appreciate it. I am sure that all members here will find your post very helpful too. It is very important that you shared your personal experience so as to help all of us here. I know that your experience was a bit painful for you but, as you correctly say, the game of online business is unpredictable. It is true, nowadays, that there are a lot of fake websites online. Unfortunately, we cannot avoid it. That's life. However, we must be very careful and not so innocent and naive just to avoid such traps. Lots of thanks for your guidance, your advice and your willingness to help. Wish you and your family all the best. :)
Thank you for your kind gesture. I am glad and appreciate your honest response to my reply.