Affiliate How did target in the place of work makes employees to misbehave?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Employment can be describe as a way of getting people engaging in doing one work or the other and receiving returns like salary or wages in exchange .

Due to the high rate of unemployment in the country many people has really taken up job the job that they ought not to take.

For example; Banking job as a marketer.
There boss used to give them huge target to meet up with and if not there salary may not be paid or complete at the end of the month.

This scenarios has really made many of the employees to deep their hands in what they ought not to all in the name of meeting up target.

This is really common to ladies doing banking work in their marketing departments.

Some of them has become allot why some has become fraudsters in other to succeed in their job.
In fact these did not excluded the married one among them.

Some prospects or customer may not want to bank with them until they sleep or have an affair with them before they could accept to bank with them.

Its really made some ladies not to be trusty worthy to there spouse or husband again.

Some of these ladies will not go back home quickly because they have had some appointment with their client during the day so they don't go home and spend time with their family as they ought to.

I can see that; that may be the reason why some parent ,spouse or husband do not want that job for their daughter,wife or fiance.

And the managers do not see all this as a bad thing at all.
If the employee has met their target no matter what they did to achieved that it's not there concern.

Can we say that ;that's part of the company or banking ethics and norm?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Yes, as you have stated unemployment has really dealt a lot with people and this has made them to take jobs that they are not supposed to take . Imagine someone who read engineering in the university at undergraduate level becoming a banker and of course counting money which he or she does not really know much about and that is a courtesy of unemployment.

funmi

Verified member
Giving employees target really makes them to misbehave as they will find all means to meet up with the target. Meeting up with target usually stress workers out and because they don't want to loss their jobs, they try all their best to do what ever it takes to get the jobs done. Even if it cost them their dignity.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I’m one person that can’t go for any job that will come with very unrealistic targets. I don’t need anything that will pressure me or give me sleepless night. And funny enough some of these people pay peanut for all the stress. It will be better to work for myself than misbehave because of another person job

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Most of the companies set targets that are not realistic for the employees. You will work day and night , you will still not meet up due to high targets. The painful part is that , the employee will not get a full salary if he /she didn't meet up with the agreed target. Certain calculated percentage would be deducted from the salary.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My nephew was a victim of the marketing target. He was hired as a marketing officer by a big bank. He didn't know that there is a target on the amount of deposit that he should be getting. It is not easy to get a big depositor. In a span of 5 months he was not able to get even 1 big depositor. He was asked to resign instead of being terminated.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Some jobs are highly demanding and it takes a lot to deliver in those jobs..... Especially in a marketing job, where you will be asked to source for the big customers and target will be given to you, most times it happens in the banking industry. And however, if you are not able to meet your target, you will be tipped to resign inorder to get some benefits or you will be sacked.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I do not believe that there is anything wrong with setting target for your employees to try to achieve in a particular time. This is good because it creates healthy competition and it also makes task to be time-bound. The only problem is going to arise when you set for them unrealistic targets that's tire them out