How cyber criminals uses a fake domain name to steal your money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Many of us have fallen into a fake domain name and this exposes us to danger. Fake domain name are out there to rip us off our hard earn money by stealing our privacy.

Domain Name Registration is a legitimate activity and one that is necessary for businesses to undertake if they want to secure their business name for use on their own websites. However, like a lot of other legitimate businesses, Domain name are being imitated by cyber criminals, who want to steal your money

When you want to visit a site , be sure not to enter the wrong domain name . For instance, if the correct name is faucet.net and you mistakenly typed faucet.com. the scam site will look exactly like the real one and when you enter your login details your account have been exposed to hackers.

Have you ever make such a costly mistake?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Hmm, this days cyber criminals are adopting every means to attempt phishing and steal our hard earned finance. That's why we ought to be careful when looking out for website that resemble the original one we're aiming for. They build clone websites to deceive people in order to steal their secrete financial details.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It would have been better if you had used the proper word. It is called phishing? Phishing means someone is impersonating some individuals or companies to scam people. For example, someone might create a site like paypal and trick you to into this phishing site and rip off your money. This is one of the common internet frauds.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have received a warning from my local bank about the veracity of the domain name. There are fake emails here that look like coming from a bank or a company. The email wants the user to verify his account by clicking the link. Of course, that is a click bait. But many are victimized by that trick.

D

Deleted member 28127

You have first of all compare email received to email from real website, generally there is little difference like for example let's take trendri you may receive an email from [email protected] then requesting humble request to send document ID to have account verified and then most of people doesn't take interest in last double i however there is no relation between trendri.com and trendrii.com it is just a guy stealing users informations.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
You gave only one sided information, which is an explanation of possible fake domain name, however you didn't inform how they will steal someone's money.
Title is informing more and content is informing less, so by declaring the reason openly, I am locking this thread; people should know that half information shouldn't be finalized.​

Status
Not open for further replies.