Finance How Can You Attain Financial Independence

Josemendez

Verified member
Call me a cynic, but I do not believe in this term “financial independence.” Can you actually be financially independent? I don’t think so!
I think the issue here is your own understanding of financial independence. Being financially Independent doesn't necessarily refer to having a business. It is more of one's ability to take care of his Financial responsibilities to an extent. So , yes one can be financially Independent , is just that times may come when it won't be easy for the person .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I describe financial freedom as a state whereby you no longer depend on your relatives or other people to eat and buy some basic necessities. of course everyone or let me say every business man and I relies on his customers in order for his business to be successful so such reliance will not be regarded as financial independence.
You're simply tremendous answering this survey correctly. Being free from financial degradation doesn't mean we are begging the customers to buy from us. Their is difference in bring an entrepreneur and relying for people to help you survive. As an entrepreneur you're offering something tangible for people to patronize you and you earn a living from it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
At least one that is financially free isn't suffering from money drought, or issues of unsettled loans. Financial freedom doesn't mean that you won't rely on customers, clients to make your money. You still need those people to help you earn, but at least they aren't dashing you money you earned it by offering them what they want.
I describe financial freedom as a state whereby you no longer depend on your relatives or other people to eat and buy some basic necessities. of course everyone or let me say every business man and I relies on his customers in order for his business to be successful so such reliance will not be regarded as financial independence.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
At least one that is financially free isn't suffering from money drought, or issues of unsettled loans. Financial freedom doesn't mean that you won't rely on customers, clients to make your money. You still need those people to help you earn, but at least they aren't dashing you money you earned it by offering them what they want.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
In my own understanding financial independence simply means being out of debt or loan. Financial independence can also be used when you can buy everything comfortable without begging anyone. I will also not consider myself as financially independent until I start paying my bills by myself and also be able to rent a house or even buy a house.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Financial independence to me Is the ability to be self sustaining. It not about your description but being able to make money without having to beg or depend on anyone. For me I have been financially independent right from high school because I believe in doing work to earn my pay. Any other thing I get is just a bonus for me

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Financial independence can be attained by one's determination and focus.It only take hardworking and dedication to achieve any goal in life.Itsquite unfortunate a lot of people are looking for short cut to success which will only leads to destruction.
I think the internet is a home to several people who are looking for Short cut....They want to make quick buck in a matter of minutes, without having to do much work. I really don't see how that's possible. Many people have been scammed over trying to make easy money.

Good luck

Verified member
Financial independence can be attained by one's determination and focus.It only take hardworking and dedication to achieve any goal in life.Itsquite unfortunate a lot of people are looking for short cut to success which will only leads to destruction.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Hard work is one of the thing you need to put in your mind and understand that it is something that can actually make it to be free from financial difficulties,dedication is also important in whatever you are doing because dedication is what will make you to persevere in your areas of concentration to overcome financial difficulties.
Valid point......I think when you are industrious, you will have financial freedom. When you have a lot of streams of income then you can really have this financial freedom. You just have to make sure you invest in businesses that are liable to bring real profits to you, if not, it can be really possible.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My understanding of financial independence is that you are liberated from the bondage of debt. If that is the case then I gained independence just 10 or 15 years ago when we had fully paid our home mortgage and also the installments on our cars. Now we are free of debt and we do not rent. That's financial independence for me.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The only way to achieve financial independence is to make money and this is exactly what I need to do right now. Actually, a couple of months ago, I got my first job at the age of 29. It was that point when I realised the importance of financial freedom. You have your own money and you are free to do whatever you want to do. You can choose to buy anything. So if you want to achieve financial freedom, then you have to work hard and earn money.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I'm no where near financial stability in life I'm just trying my best from now till the next five years to see how the future will be for me, if I'll be financially free money drought. I know hard work pays off, that's why anyone who wants to achieve success must work hard with the right skills to prove the onus right that success is achieved through hard work and creativity.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Hard work is one of the thing you need to put in your mind and understand that it is something that can actually make it to be free from financial difficulties,dedication is also important in whatever you are doing because dedication is what will make you to persevere in your areas of concentration to overcome financial difficulties.