Finance How can I start a school business without having money?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I believe if one can get apartment and may be haven brothers and sisters that can assist yo teach it will be better. But without this I do not think it is visible to start school just like that. Though I want to advice you that if you can start kindergarten it will be better.

funmi

Verified member
Well I don't think it is possible for you to run a school business without money. Of course when you start the business you are going to employ a lot of people and in that regard you will definitely need money to pay them on monthly basis. You will also by other things such as whiteboard and marker see it, seats, tables. So it is definitely impossible to start a school without money.
Yes. It is definitely impossible to start up a school business without having good money because of so much responsibilities to take care of in the school. Payment of staff as at when due is very paramount too as nobody will stay loyal to you when you are not paying them well. I used it think one can manage a school with little money before but have realized that it is indeed impossible.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
As a professional teacher with more than 7years of experience, I think it is high time to set up ones own school business. Due to the passion I have for the job, I think it is good to have a legacy of my own.

Apart from having a legacy, it is high time I stopped being underpaid and over used by my employers since I have already enough experience. These and many things I have been considering in my mind for a long time.

My only challenge for now that is limiting the project is not having enough capital to start up the school business. I have thought of so many ways of achieving this with my little money which is not enough.

But I don't know if there is any way or method I can use to achieve this dream without having enough money to start it up.
Moreso, I don't know how much I can have to finance such a huge project.

Please, drop your comments below, it will be appreciated. Thanks.

Well, a good idea would be to start teaching students at your home. If you have an additional room in your house, then you can use it and make it a classroom for your students. This way, you will be saving rent and you would also not need to buy a place where you could run a school. However, you still would need to bear a few expenses. For example, a classroom board, chalk, etc must be purchased by you in order to teach students.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for this comment. The title itself is already showing the impossibility of your desire for a school business. In fact, you cannot start any kind of business if you do not have the money for capital. A school business needs a huge capital particularly for the school classroom that may need a building. My advice is for you to think of another business.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It's not really possible to start a school without having much money. Because you will need to get a building, then get your school approved which all comes with spending of money. Even, if you want to start by renting a building first, before making a move to get your own, you will still spend money. So, you have to prepare for this kind of business.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
You are right. Most school owners make profit at the expense of their teachers. And in turn the teachers don't teach as expected and hereby making the school infamous. I now understand what you meant by not creating it as a means of getting quick money. Because if the profits ain't forthcoming, there may be temptation.
Seriously and this is why the education system of so many countries is still in a devastating state as the government failed and only private firms are reliable, this making it easy for them to exploit both the teachers and the children while the parents continue to pay huge sum of money per academic session.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
As a professional teacher with more than 7years of experience, I think it is high time to set up ones own school business. Due to the passion I have for the job, I think it is good to have a legacy of my own.

Apart from having a legacy, it is high time I stopped being underpaid and over used by my employers since I have already enough experience. These and many things I have been considering in my mind for a long time.

My only challenge for now that is limiting the project is not having enough capital to start up the school business. I have thought of so many ways of achieving this with my little money which is not enough.

But I don't know if there is any way or method I can use to achieve this dream without having enough money to start it up.

You should start from your little space, you don’t just think about owning a big school without the needed capital. You can start as a lesson where the children have extra lessons after school. Then you can build from there from the little money you would have from the lessons

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am just against the idea of seeing it as a business venture. Here in my state, there are so many of them and they are in a pathetic state as they always focus on profits making and do not have enough teachers. The ones available are underpaid and this shows that the owners would only be making money at the detriment of the teachers and students.
You are right. Most school owners make profit at the expense of their teachers. And in turn the teachers don't teach as expected and hereby making the school infamous. I now understand what you meant by not creating it as a means of getting quick money. Because if the profits ain't forthcoming, there may be temptation.

funmi

Verified member

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You can start in a mini way, and grow it gradually until it gets to that level you've dreamed about. Their are successful private schools owned by private individuals today that are successful starting from small. Not everyone have the capital to start big, some start small grow it gradually for years until it gets yo the top. You too can go that way until it gets to the top.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I may disagree with you about profitability of school business. Though like you rightly said, it should not be created with the sole aim of making money but it is very lucrative especially if you are blessed with teachers that are passionate and skillful. When you produce some brilliant students, parents will be telling parents to tell patents to bring their wards.
I am just against the idea of seeing it as a business venture. Here in my state, there are so many of them and they are in a pathetic state as they always focus on profits making and do not have enough teachers. The ones available are underpaid and this shows that the owners would only be making money at the detriment of the teachers and students.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Owning a school should never be for Profits making as you could end up being disappointed when it does not turn out the way you were expecting when starting. I believe it should be for the purpose of impacting lives.
To answer your question, I would say it is never going to be easy trying to start your school without money, except you take a loan.
I may disagree with you about profitability of school business. Though like you rightly said, it should not be created with the sole aim of making money but it is very lucrative especially if you are blessed with teachers that are passionate and skillful. When you produce some brilliant students, parents will be telling parents to tell patents to bring their wards.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Do you have some people around you that can be of help? I worked with some one as a teacher before I gained admission into the university. We were using a room in his parent's house with just five students. Later he entered into a contract with someone that has nearly completed his house but never packed in to be using it for a while. And this how he built his own school too.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Owning a school should never be for Profits making as you could end up being disappointed when it does not turn out the way you were expecting when starting. I believe it should be for the purpose of impacting lives.
To answer your question, I would say it is never going to be easy trying to start your school without money, except you take a loan.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
You can start school business with a little cash provided you have gotten the building and the necessary materials in place. You can use the initial registration fee of the pupils to start provided you can get enough pupils at a short period. Moreover, you need to do a serious study on the business
I think if she really wants the school business to be very successful and to get a lot of people to attend her school she must provide the basic things needed for good learning and understanding. nobody will want to attend the school that does not have the basic amenities required for teaching and learning. So it is definitely better to save up money and start the school. She will also have to pay teachers.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
You can start school business with a little cash provided you have gotten the building and the necessary materials in place. You can use the initial registration fee of the pupils to start provided you can get enough pupils at a short period. Moreover, you need to do a serious study on the business

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Well I don't think it is possible for you to run a school business without money. Of course when you start the business you are going to employ a lot of people and in that regard you will definitely need money to pay them on monthly basis. You will also by other things such as whiteboard and marker see it, seats, tables. So it is definitely impossible to start a school without money.