How can an individual form his character?

Alberello75

As is well known, every human being has his own character. Well, there are really many of these types, even if most of these, we don't even know them.Maybe we only know how to say: "That person has a terrible temper!” This is because we make our own personal judgment reflecting on how this person behaves with us or with other people.But there are people like me who are weak-willed and I guarantee you that's not a good thing at all! Indeed I'm almost always conditioned in decisions, even the most trivial ones. I never say my opinion in order to not to be immediately contradicted and almost always I can’t take a decision for myself. Basically almost always others decide for me.
Sorry but this is very bad for myself! In short, I am 47 years old and I think I must try to form my character at least to be able to say the word "NO", when it is necessary to pronounce it. But now I wonder: how can I get it?
And therefore, I tried with the treatment of the psychologist, but at the act of having to put into practice and despite having understood the situation, unfortunately nothing made, as if I missed the courage to impose myself in my usual daily circumstances.
So at this point I would ask, excluding medicines, psychologists and behavioral therapies, what other methods I should try to acquire my own efficient personality?