How are we going to know if our business or company is performing well?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Some time we used to look at the profit we made in a business or company to justify may be we are progressing or not.

Though I believe that is what almost every body used to focus on in a business or company but ,I think there are some other things that one needed to take notice of.

This are some factors that we can use to measure the success of a business or company.

CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS

Critical success factors is defined as the limited number of areas in which results, if the are satisfactory, will ensure successful competitive for the organisation.

CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR METHODOLOGY

Critical success factors have been associated with business strategy and strategic planning for many years. It is a top-down approach that begins with the main long-term strategic objective of the organisation.

MEASURING ACHIEVEMENT

Key performance indicators and strategic planning are associated with key performance indicators.

(1) For each critical critical success factors there must be a way of measuring whether the required objective or target has been met.

(2) This measure of performance (a performance key indicator) can be used to set planning targets, and monitor actual performance by comparing actual results with the target.

I belive that we still have some other ways in which we can know this and I will need more idea because it will really help other people to know more.
How can we know that our business or company is performing (progressing) well?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Knowing whether a business is doing well or not is not a rocket science. When you realise that the money you invested in the business has not been realised in your sales and you have not made any profit then you are definitely not running the business well. that is the reason why it is very important for people to seek knowledge and understanding of simple business basics before venturing into it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
When the dividends is coming thick and fast, and we look out the profit is very much big, and we are consistently making it that way. It will surely give us insight that our business is heading in the right direction. What grows a company is when the plan is well written and outsourced with ideas that is turned into something extraordinary, and clients starts approving our proposals to deliver their project. And our company products is generating enough sales, makes us know, its heading to the sky.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Some time we used to look at the profit we made in a business or company to justify may be we are progressing or not.

Though I believe that is what almost every body used to focus on in a business or company but ,I think there are some other things that one needed to take notice of.

This are some factors that we can use to measure the success of a business or company.

CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS

Critical success factors is defined as the limited number of areas in which results, if the are satisfactory, will ensure successful competitive for the organisation.

CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTOR METHODOLOGY

Critical success factors have been associated with business strategy and strategic planning for many years. It is a top-down approach that begins with the main long-term strategic objective of the organisation.

MEASURING ACHIEVEMENT

Key performance indicators and strategic planning are associated with key performance indicators.

(1) For each critical critical success factors there must be a way of measuring whether the required objective or target has been met.

(2) This measure of performance (a performance key indicator) can be used to set planning targets, and monitor actual performance by comparing actual results with the target.

I belive that we still have some other ways in which we can know this and I will need more idea because it will really help other people to know more.
How can we know that our business or company is performing (progressing) well?
Knowing that a business is progressing is simple you just have to check your accounts books to know if you are making profit.no matter how great a business is doing without the income exceeding the expenses there is nothing progressive about the business. so with high profit one can say the business is growing

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Knowing whether a business is doing well or not is not a rocket science. When you realise that the money you invested in the business has not been realised in your sales and you have not made any profit then you are definitely not running the business well. that is the reason why it is very important for people to seek knowledge and understanding of simple business basics before venturing into it.
Very true! When doing a business or starting a business it's not easy to start realising profits at the inception. Some business will even start at a loss for you, as a beginner, but as times goes on, then you match up, to seeing gains. However, to know that a business is doing well, is when you are realising profits and when your customers are fairing very well with your business or products.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A business owner should be hands on not only with the operation of the business but also with the accounting. A small business is easy to monitor to learn if it is earning every day. The totals of revenue minus the outgoing funds would be the net revenue which can be a gauge or rough estimate if the business is earning.

Setho

VIP Contributor
When you are setting up a business plan you have goals that you will want to achieve and then there are ways you can measure up to those goals and they are called key performance indicators. Your key performance indicators might we actually how many products you have sold any particular amount of time, how many new registrations you have registered.