Hobbyist Bloggers vs Professional Bloggers

Mika

VIP Contributor
A hobbyist blogger is a person who blogs as a hobby, however, professional bloggers are people who blog for money.

If you are blogging as a hobby and have no intention of revenue generation on your blog, that’s another case, however, if your primary intention of blogging is making money, you will have to implement strategies to generate revenue on your blog.

It does not require a lot of investment in blogging, therefore, blogging as a hobby is sustainable. Even when you are blogging as a professional, your investment will be still low compared to the possibility of making money.

Even if you are blogging as a hobby, you can still monetize your blog with ads. One of the easiest ways to raise the blog running cost is by asking for donations through “donate me” button on your blog.

If your intention is to blog for money, try building your writing, SEO, and Digital Marketing Skills. Also, create products that you can sell to your blog readers.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't think people are interested in blogging just because they like to blog. There might be some exceptions though but I believe most of the people start blogging because they want to build an income source. Blogging requires substantial amount of work, and I do not think people will be blogging just as a hobby. However, it might also be true that people might be blogging without having a lot of expectations related to traffic and revenue. For most people, blogging is a way to generate passive income. Sadly, for a lot of people blogging does not happen to be a passive income because they have to put tremendous amount of work to keep their blog active. They have to spend a lot of time to find keywords and many hours to write a blog post. And then they have to spend hours promoting their content and doing SEO