Highlights on Diabetes, a chronic disease

• Thread starter Deleted member 27180
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27180

Why do most people suffer from chronic diseases without knowing the root of Tue problem or dangers of it.
DIABETES; A CHRONIC DISEASE
This is a very popular chronic disease, we have over 225 chronic diseases but let's be educated on them graduation.
What is diabetes and its causes?
Have you been wondering why mist people suffer from diabetes and why it seems that there haven't been any tangible solution?
Diabetes is a chronic disease that is caused as a result of too much intake of sugar. Mist people tend to misunderstand the word "sugar". Can an old man take sugar? The answer is NO but how does this sugar tend to emanate from the body of the individual.
It is no doubt that the mist popular foods around us is "carbohydrates". Mist people consume carbohydrates frequently which as a result, carbohydrates are broken down into glucose and glucose automatically is "SUGAR". How then do we think that an individual can be free from sugar/diabetes

P

princyb23

Is Diabetes A Chronic Disease

Diabetes
is a chronic disease that occurs either when the pancreas does not produce enough insulin or when the body cannot effectively use the insulin it produces. Insulin is a hormone that regulates blood sugar.
It is a chronic condition because it does not go away. It affects many parts of the body and, if left untreated, can cause serious health problems such as heart disease, stroke, blindness, kidney failure, and lower-limb amputation.
The types include- Diabetes Type 1 (Juvenile Diabetes)- occurs mostly in children, teens young adults and is said to be the inability of the pancreas to create insulin or the ability of the pancreas to produce very little insulin.

Type 2 (Mellitus)- occurs mostly in older people and happens when the body loses its ability to use insulin well and hence cant keep the blood sugar at a normal level. My Grandparents are victims of this particular diabetes.

Gestational Diabetes- occurs mostly in pregnant women who have never had diabetes.

The truth of the fact is that there isn’t a cure yet for diabetes, but losing weight, eating healthy food, and being active can really help.Taking medicine as needed, getting diabetes self-management education and support, and keeping health care appointments can also reduce the impact of diabetes on your life.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Diabetes is in my bloodline and I feel sad whenever I would realize it. Fortunately I have no symptoms yet maybe because of my lifestyle. I regularly do my morning exercise and I eat just enough to quench my hunger. My weight is consistent at 150 pounds and that is probably another factor that is helping me against diabetes.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for making us to understand this, sometimes during our teenage years that is the time we need to try as much as possible to eat responsibly and know the type of food that the body systems needs. This is just one of the best way we can protect our old age because eating processed food may not actually be the best.