Help choose between starting a phone and accessory store or opening a driving school

Georgeadawara

O in you can look into our today world the greatest thing that has taken the maind of everybody today is the technology to it ia better to start a phone and accessories store than to start a driving school the phone accessories are what people are in us o it every were you go the use of phone that taking a Large percentage of the world. But that of driving school you can learn how to drive without going to driving school. An you can not start driving if you don't have a car to drive and the number of people having phone is more than the number of people with cars

Ummigal

Taking a closer look, both business will go a long way in putting foods on your table and providing shelter. But in my own opinion, I will rather prefer to set up a driving school business. Reason been, when there's little or no customers to attend to, then the car can be easily turned into a cab and still make income. And I believe an average cab driver make nothing less than NGN 5000 in a day. Since the car belongs to you, all the profit made automatically goes into your pocket.
You have valid points too. I know of a guy who works as a driving tutor in a GRA. He was able to meet with influential people and one of them was able to secure a job for him in an airport as an engineer. Also, I have seen a driving school that also offers car wash services, spare parts and engine oil sales and vulcanising services. They also help people to secure licence and driver's permits through the road safety Corp since they are well known

Ummigal

Starting a phone accessory business is lucrative and can be established with little capital and the risk involved in phone accessory business is little to nothing. For him to start a car driving business, he will first need to get a car that will be used for the driving and the car alone is enough to get a shop and start phone accessory business successfully. Driving or teaching inexperienced drivers comes with a lot of risk, the car can be damaged or they can have an accident with it. So, it is advisable for your friend to start a phone accessories business.
Thanks alot for this, you really have something here. I also think he would be able to save atleast a thousand Naira a day from a phone accessories shop which might not always be the case for a driving school. Thus is because in Nigeria, many do not value importance of driving school as they mostly learn how to drive from friends and family. Alot of young and uneducated drivers have never seen a driving school before, but they have a brilliant mastery of the wheels

Ummigal

Both business are very good business to startup but which one them are you more passionate about, you need to ask yourself that question, you just can't wake up and decide to go into business you know little or nothing about, which one of the is in demand in your location? To me i will prefer the phone accessories business.
Well, I am thinking that combining the both wouldn't be a bad idea. Running the driving school during the day since it's a daytime job and getting a busy location with regular electricity at night to operate the phone accessories shop. Who knows, I could tell him to expand the business by learning phone repairs and the addition of this service might eventually boost his income considerably.

Ummigal

Yea, you are right. But I think phone an accessories business is more stressful than running a driving school, because you have to be there always to monitor it. Even if you would like to employ the services of an attendant to run it for you. The person should be trustful and its not easy to come across such persons.

olubenson

Well, over time immemorial i have always been scared of being obese. So sitting in one place, having to keep watching and waiting for customers to come will be a prison of my own creation. I have always loved active life . So i will try if i can combine the two in a certain way. By employing a sales attendant , while i moonlight with my cab for passengers.

if i will i have to decide on a choice for you, i would say you are in the best position to make your personal choice. what is good for you, might not be OK for me.

You should decide your own fate.

Adetayo100

Both business are very good business to startup but which one them are you more passionate about, you need to ask yourself that question, you just can't wake up and decide to go into business you know little or nothing about, which one of the is in demand in your location? To me i will prefer the phone accessories business.

Setfragil

Starting a phone accessory business is lucrative and can be established with little capital and the risk involved in phone accessory business is little to nothing. For him to start a car driving business, he will first need to get a car that will be used for the driving and the car alone is enough to get a shop and start phone accessory business successfully. Driving or teaching inexperienced drivers comes with a lot of risk, the car can be damaged or they can have an accident with it. So, it is advisable for your friend to start a phone accessories business.

Teatea

He has to consider the cost of startup before taking a decision. I prefer phone and accessories store to the idea of driving school. But opening a phone store would cost him so much more compared to the latter, he can rent a car or sign up for hire purchase to start the school. But how does he plan to fund the phone store? I think this questions should be dealt with first.

eojo2401

Advise your friend to go and get someone that will mentor him on the sales of phone accessories and looks for a location where there's traffic of people and where is no or lesser competition. He can start phone accessories business easily than starting a driving school which involves registering with both VIO and road safety official which may be cumbersome, he may even face extortion from those officers.

Victor001

To be honest with you the two business are good and at the same time less profitable, for instance the driving business will require clients coming to learn and it's not formidable because driving can be learn everywhere and easily, phone on the other hand is dynamic according to brands, people opt for what is reigning at the moment leaving you with old stock.

Ummigal

A friend of mine has not been able to secure a decent job since after leaving school. Recently he became fed up and decide to abandon the menial jobs he's been putting up with. With savings that are not very much, he's trying to test his hands on business. I have adviced him to start with a small business that it's not very risky since he have very little experience about managing a business.
So, he had decided to go for either a phone and accessory shop or renting a shop and using it as a driving school since he's a very experienced driver. Since I have little or no experience about managing any of this business, I couldn't advise him properly. Thus, I need ideas from anyone who have gotten streams of ideas about them or those who are in any of the two businesses to share experiences with me. I wouldn't like him to take the wrong step.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view it all depends on your ability to work not everyone can work on the street driving all day, and also not everyone can sit in the shop and be selling. so it all depends on which part you are in. but as for me I will say I prefer opening a phone and accessories business than to open a driving school business this is because phone accessory business, is a business which you can be rest assured doing even when you're old

Haypril

Taking a closer look, both business will go a long way in putting foods on your table and providing shelter. But in my own opinion, I will rather prefer to set up a driving school business. Reason been, when there's little or no customers to attend to, then the car can be easily turned into a cab and still make income. And I believe an average cab driver make nothing less than NGN 5000 in a day. Since the car belongs to you, all the profit made automatically goes into your pocket.

Maphalle

My advice would be check your location first, make a research and find the needs of the people. However these days everyone needs to have a driver's licence. Most of the jobs when you apply they require a driver's licence. You may not go wrong in opening a driving school.

Psalmseen

A friend of mine has not been able to secure a decent job since after leaving school. Recently he became fed up and decide to abandon the menial jobs he's been putting up with. With savings that are not very much, he's trying to test his hands on business. I have adviced him to start with a small business that it's not very risky since he have very little experience about managing a business.
So, he had decided to go for either a phone and accessory shop or renting a shop and using it as a driving school since he's a very experienced driver. Since I have little or no experience about managing any of this business, I couldn't advise him properly. Thus, I need ideas from anyone who have gotten streams of ideas about them or those who are in any of the two businesses to share experiences with me. I wouldn't like him to take the wrong step.
To me, the two ideas really makes sense at least to make ends meet but you will have to go into one of the two . I will actually say the best is the phone and accessories shop because virtually everyday, people buy a phone or a phone get spoilt and you have to replace the spoilt part. And this makes the business lucrative because it is an everyday income. There won't be a day that you won't make money. But about the driving school, this needs some recommendation and it is not that easy getting client that will register under you for driving school

marcusfe

I will not deceive you my brother please go and start a phone accessory store gently, there is money in that business like a goldmine. How many people are spending money to learn driving these days. I have many people around me who started this phone accessory business small, today they are more than big. Everything you buy in that business you make 100% profit even sometimes more.

Hena101

This is very important question looking at your passion to start something and earn for yourself living. But what will say is that you are the only person that know what is most required in your locality because you stay there. Just think and see which one thrive fast in your area phone and accessories or driving school. Like now in my area i can not even think of starting driving school because i will die of starvation but i will make money with phone and accessories

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It depends on the passion and the capital. Opening a driving school to me will require a lot of money and he must also consider the number of car owners in his area because that will determine the rate by which customers will patronizing the shop. I still prefer phone accessories because nearly every body has phone.

Planet408

In the both businesses, your location also determines on which one to go into. I love phone accessory business because it sales often. I consider it a lucrative business. Driving school is good but I don't think it is profitable enough in all locations. You just have to make proper enquiries about your location and the said business before going in for the business.