Having a 1 year warranty on the light bulbs is attractive to buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I saw the 1 year warranty sign of the light bulbs on the shelf of the hardware store I bought to try it. If the bulb has a warranty that long it means it is a good one. Okay, after buying the bulb I had forgotten about it until about 8 months when another bulb in the house got busted.

My wife reminded me of my plan to test the warranty. I have to admit that the busted bulb was of the same brand but an old one and not the one I bought 8 months ago. But I brought it to the store together with the photocopy of the receipt. As they said, no questions asked. I was given the replacement of the bulb. I may have scammed the store but not really because I bought a pack of 3 bulbs and at the same time the brand had earned my loyalty.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's your luck, but you should bear in mind you've scammed the seller, it will be a minus for the seller of the bulb. I never got the chance to see such kind of long warranty of bulb here in my country. No one would offer that here, they know cheaters will always like to cheat them and use the label as you did to clip on the damaged one without warranty to get another one.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
That is a very good one and if more people can come up with this kind of offers then a lot of people will be purchasing light bulbs from them. I remember the day I bought a light bulb that didn't last up to 10 minutes and it got busted, I returned it to the shop where I bought it but they could not replace it. From that day I hadn't gone to the shop again to buy a lightbulb.

anil02

Verified member
When I saw the 1 year warranty sign of the light bulbs on the shelf of the hardware store I bought to try it. If the bulb has a warranty that long it means it is a good one. Okay, after buying the bulb I had forgotten about it until about 8 months when another bulb in the house got busted.

My wife reminded me of my plan to test the warranty. I have to admit that the busted bulb was of the same brand but an old one and not the one I bought 8 months ago. But I brought it to the store together with the photocopy of the receipt. As they said, no questions asked. I was given the replacement of the bulb. I may have scammed the store but not really because I bought a pack of 3 bulbs and at the same time the brand had earned my loyalty.
Old filament bulbs are out of fashion. It is time of led bulbs. These are consuming less power but these are costly, so most of company is giving warranty of replacement of it. I am also using these. for a small room 7W bulb is enough. Here government is supplying led bulbs at concession price and also giving warranty of 2 year. Let tube light is also consuming less power that traditional one. Here bulbs are of good quality so I never need to replace these

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, we all needs products that are durable because making money isn’t easy especially legitimately. So no one wants to spend their hard-earned money on a thing and realize that later that it was a waste of money. So giving a long period of warranty would really attract buyers to buy

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It's good to have a warranty on anything we buy, in case if it doesn't get to last up to the warranty year, then we can have the privilege of returning the said product, to receive another one. But I don't support cheating business owners to get the best out of them. Doing so, would be a shortage for them on their business. When you use a product that's ought to last a year, and it lasts 8 months to 9 months for you, you should get another one.

anil02

Verified member
Well, we all needs products that are durable because making money isn’t easy especially legitimately. So no one wants to spend their hard-earned money on a thing and realize that later that it was a waste of money. So giving a long period of warranty would really attract buyers to buy
Every product have certain life. So Most of reputed companies are giving warranty on their products. Some companies are promising to replace product and some are only to repair the faulty product. Some companies have to much if buts so it is not easy to take benefit of warranty from these companies. In these days online shopping is much popular but most of online companies are not giving warranty on products

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, light bulbs come with a 12-18 months warranty. Since they have a warranty, the cost high. Therefore, in order to reduce the cost, I buy bulbs that are cheap but do not have any warranty. The bulbs with no warranty cost half of what the bulbs with warranty cost. Ultimately, there s no big difference in how much you pay.

anil02

Verified member
If these bulbs and tubes are giving you service like have warranty than it is better for you. but always prefer products which have warranty. even with some extra payment warranty period can be extended I too prefer it. It is ok to buy tubes and bulbs without warranty but never buy other product without warrant.

Status
Not open for further replies.