Have You Ever Worked For Anything Besides Money?

Rachael

Verified member
I was wondering throughout last night if I have worked for anything apart from the aim of making money. The urge and need to make money has constantly changed our mindset that we could find it hard to offer any service when money is not attached. I have experienced a situation where I was heading to an unknown location and my google map was not helpful at all. I approached a young man and asked him to please describe the location which the supplier I was to meet sent to my mobile device. I was shocked when the man asked how much I was going to pay him before he described the location. I thought he was joking but in such situation where he could read that my body language that my countenance was disturbed yet he did not see the need to help.

Well, since I was desperately in need to sort out myself, I handled him a $1 note and he quickly described the place which was just a stone throw from where I had approached him. This act got me wondering if the world has reached such stage where even a single help would cost some wad of money. Have you ever done or worked for anything besides money?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I have done some jobs for people without collecting money I was just happy that they people appreciated my help and that was it. I think it is just how the society is that is making it look like we can't help any longer without requesting for money.

The high cost of living isn't helping matters, so that the little time one has it must be productive. You know that the time the person would use in helping you would have been channel to a paid job so that they can get paid at the end of the day. but not like the story you have stated there, that was just total greed on the part of that person.

but I know people still help out even now out of passion and compassion.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Gone are the days when I see money as the best. I could remember when I read a book tilted " What's better than money "by Hardley Chase. Then I did argue that money is the aim of everything. It is of recent that I noticed that working for money means being a slave to money. Since then, I am working for value.

I always love to buildy value first. I let people trust me and believe I am the best in the field that I have chosen or whichever way I have chosen to make money. I could remember when I started teaching career. I was not aiming at the money. I was working on my value and now 90% of the clients know my name and do call me for home tutors. Some even gift me both material things and other incentives.

But nowadays, we see people do all what they can do to make money. They even involve in some illegal and eben immoral ways just to make money. And I do ask them what is the gain after making the money? Do we make money just for the fun of it? I have been working all my life to make money I will proud to say the source.

We only need to change our mindsets that we need to let money work for us by working on our value instead6of working for money.

Sikapa

Verified member
Work for any thing beside money? How? See all I know is money and nothing else. One thing is sometimes you have to protect your dignity and not every time that you have to work for money. At time you reputation is better than money and you can just help other people when they are in need without collecting them money and they will respect you for your kindness. At times too you have to protect your brand.

But gone are the days where people just do hard works all in the name of I want to marry your daughter. In fact I don't think people will work for those things again.
When I first read your thread tittle I thought that was what you mean, working for something aside money. I thought you were talking about maybe working for something like marriage. I think this is the thing of the past.

gregariouszebra22

I have worked on a volunteer basis before, just because I love helping people. I have worked for other compensation than money before as well. I worked for room and board, food, and items I needed instead of money also. When I was a nanny in the past, I worked for a couple of people in return for my room and board being free. In another nannying job, I was not a live-in but I worked in return for them paying for my groceries at home and not cash payments. In another position, I had the employer pay me for things I needed and couldn't afford such as my computer, clothing since I didn't have much professional attire and it was required, and bus passes or taxi rides so that I could get around. I also have worked simply for the love of what I was doing in my job and the money wasn't important, as when I am an Avon lady.

niche

Verified member
Victims of financial fraud,cheating, often work very hard trying to get justice, end the exploitation, especially if powerful officials, companies are involved. Fighting slander, criminal defamation of powerful high status well connected people and companies is also very difficult and time consuming.