Shares/Stock Have you bought stocks for trial investment?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I am posting this topic as a warning to newcomers in the stock trading. Our first venture with stocks was a total loss of $120. That was in 1994 so that amount was pretty huge during that time. We do not know anything about stocks but we were forced by a Pager company to buy that amount of stocks as bundled in the Pager that we bought. When the price started to go down we didn’t sell because we were not aware that the birth of the cellphone can kill the Pager. To make the story short, we lost our money simply because we were ignorant of stock trading.

D

Deleted member 27126

I am posting this topic as a warning to newcomers in the stock trading. Our first venture with stocks was a total loss of $120. That was in 1994 so that amount was pretty huge during that time. We do not know anything about stocks but we were forced by a Pager company to buy that amount of stocks as bundled in the Pager that we bought. When the price started to go down we didn’t sell because we were not aware that the birth of the cellphone can kill the Pager. To make the story short, we lost our money simply because we were ignorant of stock trading.
As someone who understands from the aspect of Management and Accounting, what stocks are mostly about, I would not engage myself in trial buying or trial investments. It's said that anything worth doing is worth doing well and this is so about stock trading. The first amount of money to be spent on any business is meant to be spent judiciously not on trial trading. But for anyone who is interested in such, you can simply browse some stock markets online and get to invest with a few of them.

olubenson

Why would i want to buy trial stock? well, for no reason , i wouldn't . Do you find it hard to study the stock market? well, to me it shouldn't be that difficult with the advent of various platforms including Metatrader, Actrader, even currenex . etc .
One can simply study the activity of stocks online before trying to invest. So i believe real money shouldn't be a trial money. The reason is simple, I never heard of Trial dividends and profits.

Daykas

Absolutely, it will be ignorant of anyone buying stock for a trial nowadays where the billions of business or investment to engage in.
And has for me,I also once trying going into stock trading because some of my friend are into it but the funniest part is that most of them will never tell you how much they are loosing. But I was fortunate to catch the glimpse of it before even trying it.
Stock trading is not worth it most times

Segat

Yes, I have but I got the greatest surprise of my life, I got this money through savings when I was a University Undergraduate, then I thought what can I do with this money and decided to buy stocks which I did findings about and I saw it is a good investment. I bought 1000shares of a particular communication company, immediately the stock market crumbled.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

yes I've made try investment in before that is buying some sets some setting goals and putting them for sale without knowing how the business operates or how the business transaction is being carried out this is just for a trial so that to know see what are the business will do.investment is all about trying and it's all about taking risks he must take this before you see success.