Earn Money Have you been scammed as a freelancer by a client?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their is nowhere you can't encounter scam, it's simply every sector online and offline. Even at Fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com, many employees get scammed after showing hard work
delivering the work to the client.

You'll even write a quality content, only for you to see it rejected by the client, which will say it's not good enough for what he wants to use the article for. Whereas when you forget to demand for your payment, he'll simply go bring your article up and post it over at his website, saving money in a frivolous way from himself.

That's why we should get the rating of each client at freelancing platform to know the one we should work for and avoid scam. Cos many of the clients are simply fraudulent.

Have you witness scam before through a client who denied you payment after work you're very sure of, being successful?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have not been scammed by my clients. I don't work with a client who does not pay me in advance. However, once the boss of the company where I was working scammed me. I heard he was considering to fire me, however, I resigned before he could fire me. But then he paid half of what the company owned to me because he said I did not inform the company in one month advance.

ethan

Making money on the Internet is it difficult or easy? Each of us searches for himself and works to achieve financial freedom and harvest money to live a comfortable life, but the matter is not easy, it requires time and effort, you may fail a lot, but with perseverance and lack of despair, you may reach what you wish and aspire to achieve

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Their is nowhere you can't encounter scam, it's simply every sector online and offline. Even at Fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com, many employees get scammed after showing hard work
delivering the work to the client.

You'll even write a quality content, only for you to see it rejected by the client, which will say it's not good enough for what he wants to use the article for. Whereas when you forget to demand for your payment, he'll simply go bring your article up and post it over at his website, saving money in a frivolous way from himself.

That's why we should get the rating of each client at freelancing platform to know the one we should work for and avoid scam. Cos many of the clients are simply fraudulent.

Have you witness scam before through a client who denied you payment after work you're very sure of, being successful?
I know that is true ,but there are some things you do as a worker and most of this thing will expose you to high possibility of being a scam, when you work as a freelancer it is always advisable for you to follow the normal procedure in the system of getting payments, do not initiate external payment system with any clients because if they scam you through this method you will not be able to complain.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I have never been scammed by a freelancer before. Well I really don’t give a chance to be scammed because I don’t really do online transactions with people I don’t except the person is referred to me by someone I trust. By that means, I would be able to track down the person if anything go wrong

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know that is true ,but there are some things you do as a worker and most of this thing will expose you to high possibility of being a scam, when you work as a freelancer it is always advisable for you to follow the normal procedure in the system of getting payments, do not initiate external payment system with any clients because if they scam you through this method you will not be able to complain.
You're simply right dear. That's why freelance marketplace like Fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com prefer you reach agreement with clients in the platform to reach deal in order not to encounter dispute anytime due to issues of scam which is normal in the freelancing industry. That's why I don't move an inch when it comes to negotiating payment with a client online.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You're simply right dear. That's why freelance marketplace like Fiverr, upwork, freelancer.com prefer you reach agreement with clients in the platform to reach deal in order not to encounter dispute anytime due to issues of scam which is normal in the freelancing industry. That's why I don't move an inch when it comes to negotiating payment with a client online.
Yes ,one of the tricks of people that are likely to scam you as a worker in some freelance website is that most of the buyers will always like to initiate an external payment and agreement with you. this is not always the right thing because they are just looking for an opportunity to scam you after you have delivered the job.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes ,one of the tricks of people that are likely to scam you as a worker in some freelance website is that most of the buyers will always like to initiate an external payment and agreement with you. this is not always the right thing because they are just looking for an opportunity to scam you after you have delivered the job.
Yes, most of the clients are simply like that dear, simply looking for ways to scam you, that's why it's better to be vigilante and always find a legit freelance marketplace to work on in order to avoid being scammed. No one love to spend time doing tasks for a client and being a victim of a scam, its devastating which is a lost time for the worker.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes, most of the clients are simply like that dear, simply looking for ways to scam you, that's why it's better to be vigilante and always find a legit freelance marketplace to work on in order to avoid being scammed. No one love to spend time doing tasks for a client and being a victim of a scam, its devastating which is a lost time for the worker.
Yes that is just true, I even wonder why people will decide to scam other people of their money when they are very sure it is risky. And their account can be suspended for making an attempt to scam other members of the platform. And they will not even scam you up $200 maybe just 10 or $5 which is not even something good

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes that is just true, I even wonder why people will decide to scam other people of their money when they are very sure it is risky. And their account can be suspended for making an attempt to scam other members of the platform. And they will not even scam you up $200 maybe just 10 or $5 which is not even something good
You know their are people who scamming is in their bloodline, they wouldn't know when it isn't suitable for scamming. I've been trying my best to avoid scam because I know how bitter it is. No matter the little amount some people simply wants to scam one another and use the funds just to answer that they've out smart someone.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You know their are people who scamming is in their bloodline, they wouldn't know when it isn't suitable for scamming. I've been trying my best to avoid scam because I know how bitter it is. No matter the little amount some people simply wants to scam one another and use the funds just to answer that they've out smart someone.
Lolz I can't even imagine this... Well the best thing we have to do is just to be guided and understand that there are certain things we should not do because those are the things that will expose us to scam. and we should try to avoid them as much as we can. In fact it is always better to deal with people you know especially if you are doing transaction online.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Lolz I can't even imagine this... Well the best thing we have to do is just to be guided and understand that there are certain things we should not do because those are the things that will expose us to scam. and we should try to avoid them as much as we can. In fact it is always better to deal with people you know especially if you are doing transaction online.
When it comes to doing transactions online, anything can happen, we can't say we've learned it all and feel free nothing will go wrong. That's why we need an escrow buy and sell and freelance sites to enable the client never to run away with our funds and turn down our job even when we did our best without breaching any terms. Fiverr, upwork have escrow sites, but in as much as they have such option, some freelancer still got scammed by cheat clients that claims of unsuccessful job when it is successful.

SteeveJo

That's why you should get paid before performing the service. This happened to me in my drop servicing business. I was trying to be nice to the client but the whole time he had no intention of paying me. I lost money on it. But lesson learned. Clients pay upfornt.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
When it comes to doing transactions online, anything can happen, we can't say we've learned it all and feel free nothing will go wrong. That's why we need an escrow buy and sell and freelance sites to enable the client never to run away with our funds and turn down our job even when we did our best without breaching any terms. Fiverr, upwork have escrow sites, but in as much as they have such option, some freelancer still got scammed by cheat clients that claims of unsuccessful job when it is successful.
Most times if you ask a lot of people the reason why they were scam you will come to find out that most of them have deviated from following the normal procedures that you have just mentioned .that is just the reason people. When you are talking about paying for products online or paying for a particular training then you have to seek advice from people who are in the paid group already to determine how trusted the individual is.