Hard Truth About Blogging

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogging is one of the highly sought-after online earning methods. If you have writing skills, blogging is a fun way to make money online. If you don’t have a blog and if you are thinking about blogging, before you begin your blogging journey, you should know a few hard facts about blogging.

No one is going to tell you this but you should know this: blogging is not a “Make Money Quick” kind of scheme. In fact, blogging is something like you sow a seed today and wait many years to get the fruit.

Another hard truth about blogging is you cannot make a lot of money from your blog. This truth is also not shared with you by most professional bloggers. Well, some bloggers earn well but for most of us, blogging makes just pennies.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Blogging is a very interesting journey. the main reason a lot of people do not make it through blogging is that they don't have proper knowledge and understanding of how to attract a lot of traffic such as search engine optimisation and so many of them. creating quality content attracts people to your blog and you also need to give value in order to make them come again.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Blogging at the beginning doesn't bring enough money, but with time, if the blogger is very keen to take it higher, promote his blog, surely the blog will bring profit based on the monetization preference. Their are many bloggers around, which I've talked with, they earn more than $100 a day blogging. But you need lots of monetization options not just Ads preference.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For me, blogging is an investment of time and effort. You upload a blog today to see that there were some readers. Within the week there might be 50 visitors. When you post twice a week you can feel the slow arrival of readers. That means you have to promote your blogs. Do it regularly until your blog would be getting 1,000 traffic every week.

Cinderella

It's not just about writing, but as a blogger we need to consider other things as well in order to get the most from it. When we are just starting and we don't have a lot of budget at hand, most likely, we need to do everything on our own. The content itself, designs, marketing and other tasks that we need to do in order to succeed in blogging. Yes, time is an important factor. This is the reason why I decided to stop first because I know I couldn't give enough time on this activity.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Blogging is good for those who are passionate about writing. If your aim is to blog just because you care about blogging, you should certainly try something else. There are other better ways, simple ways, effective ways, to make money online. Blogging is only for if you are passionate and if you have patience.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I never interpreted blogging as Make Money Quick. I always knew making money from blogging was as hard as making juice from apple without a juicer. That's why I was never interested in publishing long content, I am more focused on short content. I like doing micro blogging as I have found people read short posts

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Blogging is that seed that is sowed and watered daily, taken care of like a new born baby, until it grows bigger than a tree and bearing fruits(profits).

And also, if I'm to go back to the blogging scene which I'm warming up for then I would create a self publishing platform like Trendri not necessarily paid, but a platform where people will create contents themselves, with this I'll just work once which is to get platform up and running, the moment it gains momentum I can withdraw and just take up administration role.

I really like blogging because writing fascinates me and blogging profits is a compound sort of thing, it gives you passive income continuously if you keep up, but that doesn't mean also you have to work for it, but hey, the beauty is in the struggle, isn't it?

Blogging is hard, yes but it's doable with determination.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Based on my understanding this is not only applicable to blogging but it is also applicable to all areas of online business because for you to be able to make money with this areas of business you really need to understand what you are doing perfectly , because without proper understanding the possibilities of making money may not be there and if you are going with the mindset of making so much then you may be so disappointed when you are not able to achieve it.

Based on my experience in the online space I can see that in any area of online business you are interested to make money from you shouldn't be so eager to make money but the most important thing is how you can learn to understand everything about this area of online business because proper understanding will guarantee you a better result and high chance of making money.

As for the blogging I know a lot of people who are engaging in this business but they are not really interested to make money but what they do is that they are just interested to post contents to attract more people and I believe as the attraction continues people will have interest and be visiting his website Daily.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, I must say that blogging is a kind of activity that should not be considered or viewed just a way to make money. Many bloggers earn nothing at all. Just because a person is good at writing, it does not mean that such kind of person will automatically become a good blogger. In fact, I must say that apart from having great writing skills a person should possess great knowledge about SEO, social media marketing, and various blog promotion techniques in order to become a good blogger. There are many people who start a blog, but they never success due to various reasons. They publish great content regularly, but still they fail.

This is mainly due to the fact that they are not applying the right kind of SEO strategy that would make their blog much more successful. They are not promoting their blog on social media and they usually fail to generate traffic and gain followers. As a result of that, they usually start a blog with a lots of optimism, but end up leaving their website and stop publishing articles when they see that they are not getting results. It seems like Blogging is just not for everyone.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I could totally agree with the first butter truth. Blogging is not meant for quick money syndrome. You can't be thinking of making fast money and be thinking of blogging. It doesn't work that way. In fact, there is no one that makes money through blogging in the first year of starting it.

However, I may arguably agree with the second fact. Blogging can fetch you money and not only pennies but millions. This like I have said earlier is not achieved within years of starting off the scheme. It takes a lot if hardwork, dedication and even endurance to achieve this feast.

But the truth to be said, there are many ways huge money can be earned through blogging, but those ways are hard. If blogging is not monetized, there is no way it will be generating money for us. That's why we need to make sure we are active on our blogging in order to make sure we have high rank on Google adsense.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Even though over the years blogging has evolved as a way to generate revenue for writers, blogging did not begin as a way to make money. Making money from blog became possible only when online advertising got popular and advertisers were willing to spend money on ads. Blogging was started as a medium to build readership to your written work and it is still the best way to build readers. However, if your blog is popular, and if your blog is visited by a lot of people in daily base, you can make money. I barely spend 20 minutes every day on my blog, I write just one article per month, sometime I don't even write a new article, yet I make $300 per month on average from my blog.