Google Apps .. Can they really make money for you?

Sprite1950

I have found very few apps on the playstore that actually work. The only one that ever worked for me was Slidejoy a lockscreen app and over the years I earned about $30. Unfortunately it stopped paying for my country. I have heard that Attapoll survey app also pays out for short surveys so I am going to try it. I would be interested to know if anyone else has tried it.

To be fair Google usually remove any apps that appear unreliable but have any of you actually managed to make money through one of their apps? I would like to hear about them and what method of payment they use. I prefer paypal but have recently started to use sites that offer bitcoin.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
The app that you talked of i.e Slidejoy that pay you for swiping up the lock screen on the smartphone pays. But, it is only available in some of the countries and as you are of UK, it's definitely there. In India, Google apps are not much from where you can earn passive income. In this lockdown, I have browsed all sort of earning apps where you can earn via games, these swipe up things, etc. One of the other earning income that is completely of no work i.e downloading the apps that pay you for sending SMS on your phone.

And, most of them are definitely available in UK. So, you can take benefits of it @Sprite1950 .

Sprite1950

It used to be in the UK but I received a message from the Slidejoy owner who told me that it was to be discontinued for my country. I can't remember the reason he gave. To be honest it was a bit annoying having all those ads on the phone every time yhou unlocked it so I wasn't that bothered.

I have seen the apps for downloading messages on my phone but wondered whether they might too intrusive. I will take another look. I think McMoney was one I noticed. I looked at it but didn't install it and I can't remember why.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Any app pays when they earn from a region, all advertisements are mostly for their local purchases, if some apps do not have enough revenue from local merchants, they'll actually stop paying for that region, this is just their business and marketing strategy. I, too, do not use most of the good apps because they are not available in India. It is possible that many paying Indian apps do not pay in other countries, we just have to find the apps which pays and move on from those which stops paying.

Sprite1950

I have just joined Current and I'm loving it. It is an app with a difference. You can play music, do offers, play videos and do TapResearch surveys, the only survey site I think is worth doing. I don't know if it pays yet but even if it doesn't there is such a great range of different music there that it is worth it. The rewards come in the form of vouchers and as with all apps you have to reach a high number of points before you can cash out but it's the best app I have tried in a long time.