GoDady Webmaster Good or Bad?

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
GoDaddy is an US based billion dollar Web hosting, development and design company. which works worldwide. This web network was launched in 1997 with office in Baltimore, Maryland, but transferred headquarter to Scottsdale, Arizona.

GoDaddy is involved in Domains registration, Websites building, Web Security, Office 365, Web hosting, WordPress hosting, Server hosting, Reseller hosting etc. Low cost and best quality service has made GoDaddy much popular among it's competitors. Support center of GoDaddy also remains online 24/7 to help customers.GoDaddy

GoDaddy also have Affiliate program which attracts webmasters to promote it on their own costs. This program is dealt via CJ Affiliate. Recently GoDady has acquired online payment solution App "Poynt" , this has expended GoDaddy's business in online commerce.

cmoneyspinner

This is news! I did not know GoDaddy has expanded into online commerce. (I didn't even know they moved to Arizona. :)) When I first started working online and buying domain names, GoDaddy was the TOP! There was very little competition and I did not even consider a different company because they offered services at a very reasonable price. I don't use them anymore but when I did I had no complaints about the quailty of their services. As for the CJ affiliate program, I don't recommend. In fact, I earned nothing from the CJ affiliate program and I have had an account for about 10 years.

Last edited:

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you want to register a domain, go to GoDaddy. If you want to host your website, never go with GoDaddy. GoDaddy has a terrible service. I have used their hosting service and I regret using them. I did not renew my hosting and migrated to another host.
PS: There is a spelling mistake in the title.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
@Jasmine Thanks for information.
I would also like to know how you compare Godaddy with the other hosting you are using?
And about domain, is Godaddy domain value for money?

PS Yes, thanks, spelling mistake happened due to auto correct that time, and I cannot change it now because this is old thread.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I started having issues with GoDaddy, I contacted to the support. They took 72 hours to answer the ticket and my website was offline for 3 days. You can imagine how much I suffered due to their poor support and hosting. Therefore, I migrated to another host where I had a better hosting servicie and support

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
my website was offline for 3 days.
Enough to understand, this is worth to make visitors leave and owner to lose the hard earned SEO status, and a MNO site in this situation will be declared as scam. You did right when you migrated. Can you tell the experience of migration?