Getting A Job That Pays 60 Dollars A Month: Do You Think It Is A Wise Decision?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
A few months ago, I got a job offer from a person who wanted me to sell his bulbs at wholesale rate in the area. He was offering me $60 per month basic Salary (VERY low) and commissions for selling bulbs. I was in desperate need of job and I got another job offer which I availed later. However, what is quite surprising is that he was offering me such a low salary and he wanted me to sell his bulbs in the nearby market. If we calculate the expenses, it would incur, I think it was the right decision to not work for him. Please also note that I would have been using my motorcycle and this would also incur petrol expense. Please also calculate the maintenance expense, too. Do you think it was not worth it? Would you ever work for such low wage?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This will be really consider according to your location but since you mentioned using your bikee it means the distance isn't close so adding the transportation fare and other things I think the money was pretty low. It's good you got another job because you wouldn't have lasted on this one

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Accepting such a job is indirectly subjecting to slavery and you will definitely make a lot of losses instead of gaining. It is very good as you did not accept such a job If you can dedicate your time and energy to paid to post platforms, you will make more than that monthly.

uforwealth

Verified member
First of all, if you are sure of getting another job that is lucrative as soon as possible, do not accept it. However, if finding another job within a twinkle of an eye seems impossible, you can talk to your employer as regards petrol and maintenance expenses. If he is considerate, he may consider giving you a special allowance.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
This will be really consider according to your location but since you mentioned using your bikee it means the distance isn't close so adding the transportation fare and other things I think the money was pretty low. It's good you got another job because you wouldn't have lasted on this one

Thanks for reply. Yes, I would have had used bike, but I would have used bike to market and sell his bulbs in my own area. By the way, the owner also lived near me. Even though I would have sold his bulbs in my area, my expenses related to my bike would have seriously affected my expenses and I would have been earning much!

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Apparently, I wouldn't do such a job because the pay is too small. When you calculate how you would have to spend fueling your motorcycle, I don't think you can have a left over. Even in my country that's small. The minimum wage is over that amount in my country but any one can just do that as side hustle.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There are jobs that are not worth to accept. With the very low salary and your expenses may even exceed that amount then you are just working like a slave. If you cannot find a job that pays good then you might consider a small business that can be operated right in your home. Many are doing that in this pandemic era.