Game development the go to channel for entrepreneurs

bellavita

As an entrepreneur, you know that a great idea is just the first step in building a successful business. The same is true in the world of game development. If you have a brilliant concept for a new game, you'll need to put in the hard work to turn that idea into a reality.

Here are a few key pieces of advice I can offer:

1) Put Together a Strong Team
While you may be a solo coding superstar, most successful games require a team effort. Look to bring on artists, musicians, writers and other talent to help fully realize your creative vision. Having a diverse team can lead to better ideas.

2) Build an MVP First
Don't try to shoot for a massive AAA epic game right out of the gate. Start by creating a minimum viable product (MVP) that captures the core gameplay loop. This allows you to test out the concept, get feedback, and iterate before overcommitting resources.

3) Embrace Marketing Early
Too many game developers neglect marketing until way too late in the process. Start building excitement about your game concept from day one. Use social media, development blogs, trade shows and more to create buzz. Having an audience ready will pay off huge at launch.

4) Prepare for Hurdles
Game development is filled with unexpected hurdles, delays, and pivots. Maintain flexibility and be prepared to adapt your plan as you go. Obstacles are inevitable, but a resilient mindset is key to pushing through them.

Those are just a few quick tips from my experience. I'm happy to share more advice, resources, or just discuss the crazy world of being a business consultant in a game development company!

Let me know your thoughts or any other burning questions.