Fungible vs Non-Fungibility Cryptocurrency

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Cryptocurrencies are decentralized, so they are not recognised or regulated by any government; fiat currency remains fungible because government control it, but cryptocurrencies are made this way.

For example, the value of one bitcoin is the same with another bitcoin, no matter how much you divide a Bitcoin, together it will still make the value of Bitcoin. The Best example of fungebility is Fiat currency, five bills or 1$ combined makes it equal to a single 5$ bill.

In the same way, 0.5 BTC and 0.5 BTC together will make 1 BTC, both the half bitcoin will remain in equal value; and in same way 0.7 BTC + 0.3 BTC will still make 1 BTC despite both parts have different value, but it calculates to one BTC.

Almost every cryptocurrency is fungible, however there are also some non-fungible cryptocurrencies, for example “CryptoKitties”, the value of 2 CryptoKitty is never the same. The Best example of Non-fungebility is Diamond, 10 pices of one large diamond together do not make equal value of that of a large diamond.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I do not really get the context but if what you mean is if the cryptocurrency is interchangeable? Yes it is. The cryptocurrency have the same value all over the world . The price of the bitcoin in the US is the same in Germany , the only difference is the currency to which it was valued. You can explain a bit further , so that we can have a clearer view

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
@Lens1000
I did not get you!
This thread is the simple information about the difference between Fungibility and Non-Fungibility of the cryptos (digital asset) with examples.
I do not really get the context but if what you mean is if the cryptocurrency is interchangeable? Yes it is.
There is no question asked about that, can you quote it where it is asked?

The cryptocurrency have the same value all over the world . The price of the bitcoin in the US is the same in Germany , the only difference is the currency to which it was valued.
That has nothing to do with this thread.

You can explain a bit further , so that we can have a clearer view
All details are provided in the thread, what you did not understand that needs further explanation?