Trading Discussion Forex vs Gambling

MNelly

A lot of people like to associated Forex with gambling. Gambling means you take a risk of playing a game that may or may not earn you profits. Just like gambling, forex also may make you money, or you may end up losing your money. Whether you can earn from gambling or not depends on two things, one, how well you play (making the right decisions) and how lucky you are on a given day.

Similar to gambling, in forex also you need two things, one luck, two your capacity to make the right decision.

Even though forex trading operates just like gambling, forex is different from gambling.
How is Forex different from gambling yet you can lose your money at anytime? Honestly you are kind of taking the same thing and contradicting yourself. In my own experience Forex needs training for you to be a pro in doing Forex and furthermore I have been trying to get to understand Forex but it's just so hard to do especially the trading graphs. One has to be an expert and have few years experience for you to be successful in Forex.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
But even so, very low percentage of people have engaged themselves in Forex because if it really was a good thing, everyone in the whole world could have joined and stop this suffering or struggle. Forex is legit, I know but I know there is a catch somewhere. Let me give you an example. You see now Affiliate marketing has really erupted simply because many people are joining daily because there is good results and proofs and testimonials that people are really getting money there, myself included, but why is it that Forex is the oldest but has never kicked off? You get the sense? I hope you do. It's legit yes but it's never really adviceable for someone to join it.
understand you but if you take a clearer look you would actually see that lot are trading forex and the ones that dont know about forex are the ones that are the ones skeptical about the existence of forex, so its profitable if you have more idea about how to trade forex and knowledge on how to trade forex ,many are still making money from it

MNelly

Traders that get rich might prefer to stay anonymous, not everyone like that public lifestyle for their own security and personal reason , people are really making more from forex , take a clearer look if its not profitable Banks would not even bother to trade forex since they consider it as not profitable , forex is not a get rich quick scheme and this is same with bitcoin people lose and people gain too
But even so, very low percentage of people have engaged themselves in Forex because if it really was a good thing, everyone in the whole world could have joined and stop this suffering or struggle. Forex is legit, I know but I know there is a catch somewhere. Let me give you an example. You see now Affiliate marketing has really erupted simply because many people are joining daily because there is good results and proofs and testimonials that people are really getting money there, myself included, but why is it that Forex is the oldest but has never kicked off? You get the sense? I hope you do. It's legit yes but it's never really adviceable for someone to join it.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Forex trading is very profitable you just need to spend money on technicalities so that you always be on top of the game and make more money than losing, I like the fact that you said if it is not profitable banks won't be into it that's just the truth a lot of people don't have adequate knowledge that's why they lose from forex and becomes frustrated. I am patiently reading about it before taking mentorship training.
Banks get in touch of forex trading cos they have learned its enormous benefits and understudied ways to manage the risk around forex trading to come out with solutions of their own to trade and become successful on their own. They even go far hiring professionals to represent them to be trading in order to accrue profits by far better than losses.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Forex trading is very profitable you just need to spend money on technicalities so that you always be on top of the game and make more money than losing, I like the fact that you said if it is not profitable banks won't be into it that's just the truth a lot of people don't have adequate knowledge that's why they lose from forex and becomes frustrated. I am patiently reading about it before taking mentorship training.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
How sure are you that you are going to gain profits from Forex immediately? How come those who do Forex are not rich yet up to now? I mean if people really earn profits from Forex, yet it has been in existence for over 10 years now , then everybody in the whole world could have joined Forex long time ago. 10 years is enough time for people to trust Forex. But why Is it that majority of people don't really even know about it or how it works? Simply because it has never been provenTraders that get rich might prefer to stay anonymous, not everyone like that public lifestyle for their own security and personal reason , people are really making more from forex , take a clearer look if its not profitable Banks would not even bother to trade forex since they consider it as not profitable , forex is not a get rich quick scheme and this is same with bitcoin people lose and people gain too or seen results of their benefits and profits. And if there is profits in between, they just use the same profits to recycle it again to gain more profits which sometimes is risking and No beginer can be able to do it. So for me if Forex was really that recommendable we could have seen changes of people 10 years ago. Bitcoin is the one that I have seen big changing lives on people but not with Forex .
Traders that get rich might prefer to stay anonymous, not everyone like that public lifestyle for their own security and personal reason , people are really making more from forex , take a clearer look if its not profitable Banks would not even bother to trade forex since they consider it as not profitable , forex is not a get rich quick scheme and this is same with bitcoin people lose and people gain too

sincerem

VIP Contributor
You have rightly pointed the difference between them , there are reasons for loses in forex trading which one can easily work on and make profit subsequently unlike gambling that is solely on luck , no expertise in gambling and to an extent there is no tactics in gambling activities. I prefer to trade forex than gambling without basis.
Laughs, their is no single expertise in gambling no better strategy to win gambling simply luck all through. To the extent, those who doesn't even know the game can just win an event out of luck, even better than the one who is knowledgeable around the game either sports betting. But in forex trading which we know, a layman can never make money better than expert, losses follows through without experience.

MNelly

Thinks forex is quite different from gambling , because when trading on forex there are more possibility of earning more money when you have the knowledge on trading , except the person dont have the knowledge then there are low possibility of earning profit while gambling is on a real 50/50 basis either the person gain or lose in the market I think
How sure are you that you are going to gain profits from Forex immediately? How come those who do Forex are not rich yet up to now? I mean if people really earn profits from Forex, yet it has been in existence for over 10 years now , then everybody in the whole world could have joined Forex long time ago. 10 years is enough time for people to trust Forex. But why Is it that majority of people don't really even know about it or how it works? Simply because it has never been proven or seen results of their benefits and profits. And if there is profits in between, they just use the same profits to recycle it again to gain more profits which sometimes is risking and No beginer can be able to do it. So for me if Forex was really that recommendable we could have seen changes of people 10 years ago. Bitcoin is the one that I have seen big changing lives on people but not with Forex .

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Thinks forex is quite different from gambling , because when trading on forex there are more possibility of earning more money when you have the knowledge on trading , except the person dont have the knowledge then there are low possibility of earning profit while gambling is on a real 50/50 basis either the person gain or lose in the market I think

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is much different between gambling and forex. While forex is legally and even sponsored by the government, gambling is outlawed in most countries or morally unacceptable. Also, gambling is based more on prediction than analyses. It may be correct that some punters compare past events and present events while gambling, they are not actually prerequisite for future events.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Forex and gambling can't be far alike from each. They are both still luck inclined. Though, one works with luck better than the other. To trade forex, you need some viable technical skills, to be able to trade effectively. Mainly, because you need to be able to read meanings to charts, lines and all, but we have to know that sometimes charts can fail sometimes, then it comes down to luck.

In sport gambling, you need to do analysis too, by comparing past events to present events, before making a bet....so are they really different?

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people like to associated Forex with gambling. Gambling means you take a risk of playing a game that may or may not earn you profits. Just like gambling, forex also may make you money, or you may end up losing your money. Whether you can earn from gambling or not depends on two things, one, how well you play (making the right decisions) and how lucky you are on a given day.

Similar to gambling, in forex also you need two things, one luck, two your capacity to make the right decision.

Even though forex trading operates just like gambling, forex is different from gambling.

Last edited:

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Forex is similar to gambling, but its obvious that 100% luck is made of gambling for its players to win, and when they've achieved success surely they'll be thrilled. Forex trading makes use of intellectual ability, one must have technical know-how skill, trade gradually cos the market is highly volatile too like the way Cryptocurrency trading runs on a risky way.
You have rightly pointed the difference between them , there are reasons for loses in forex trading which one can easily work on and make profit subsequently unlike gambling that is solely on luck , no expertise in gambling and to an extent there is no tactics in gambling activities. I prefer to trade forex than gambling without basis.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Forex is similar to gambling, but its obvious that 100% luck is made of gambling for its players to win, and when they've achieved success surely they'll be thrilled. Forex trading makes use of intellectual ability, one must have technical know-how skill, trade gradually cos the market is highly volatile too like the way Cryptocurrency trading runs on a risky way.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Maybe I can agree that trading in forex is similar to gambling because the elements of win and loss are there. Even in crypto trading it is the win/loss factor that is dominant since crypto has no other use but for trading only. At least in forex it is money that we are using that you can always exchange the foreign currency into your own currency.

Robson Dey

A trader enter into the forex market to make money. Investing in forex market is very risky. But if you have all knowledge about forex, it will help you to minimize the risk. In forex market there are various types of trader. Some are technical and some are emotional. Their perspectives are also different. Those who trade emotionally can face a big loss.
Some traders trade in forex market to make profit quickly. These greediness put them in danger. There is no place of greediness in forex market. The more you trade patiently, the more possibility to become successful trader. Greed can be the cause of a big loss of your investment. I trade with Forex4you. With them I trade technically and patiently. So, I earn slowly but make profit consistently.

Razor1911

Forex and gambling bothe are very different to each other. In forex trading you calculate the market, make your strategy, research the charts and after all these things, you trade. Where as in gambling you just trade with your luck. So in forex you can lower the risk by implementation of proper management and strategies.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That's true but knowing how to trade in the volatile market is the biggest challenge because since is a volatile market the high risk of losing or gaining is almost equal so it all depends on how well informed you are about the market dynamism to be able to trade successfully. I am determined to learn forex as soon as much time is available.
okay instead of learning how to trade forex why can't you just come into trading of bitcoins and other cryptocurrency because trading of bitcoins and cryptocurrency is much more preferable because you are not likely to lose even if they can you are trading is depreciating. That is the one I concentrate most of the time on.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Although trading of forex is quite different from gambling Because if you really understand how to trade the volatile market of Forex then you will hardly loose in the trade,but gambling is just a prediction of how it will go which is not a hundred percent guarantee of success. I will prefer forex trading to gambling.
That's true but knowing how to trade in the volatile market is the biggest challenge because since is a volatile market the high risk of losing or gaining is almost equal so it all depends on how well informed you are about the market dynamism to be able to trade successfully. I am determined to learn forex as soon as much time is available.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Although trading of forex is quite different from gambling Because if you really understand how to trade the volatile market of Forex then you will hardly loose in the trade,but gambling is just a prediction of how it will go which is not a hundred percent guarantee of success. I will prefer forex trading to gambling.