For the retired persons, travel as often as you can

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I had read in a newspaper column an advice to the seniors to travel as much as you can. It’s not exactly going abroad but domestic travel can also give you a good time especially when you have no more obligation like a job.

Going to other places give us good memories especially now that we have the pictures and videos. I know of some elders who review the gallery of their phones when they have nothing to do. It is nice to recall the travels with the family, with relatives and with friends. It is just unfortunate that we are still in the pandemic era and traveling, whether going abroad or a local travel, is too difficult with the protocols against covid.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You just reminded me of a long time dream that I will want to achieve even as I grow older. I. Want to travel round the world. It. Is a good way of still getting strong with moving from one place to another. So yeah I support your assertion, retired persons should have this in place so that they can remain healthy and strong at retirement

D

Deleted member 28127

Some retired person choose to contunie work it is not required that they work in their domain but even open a shop and sell goods to people however to make traval retired person must have enough budget to travel from a town to another town. Internal travel is good because it let you know you more cultures also have new freinds and also it can help you to not feel yourself alone most of the time. So it is benefical in all cases.

blessingc

Old age is a time to relax and enjoy the fruit of your labour, but some old people do the opposite due to lack of preparation or because they came they want to keep busy and exercise themselves.

At retirement, one should relax, eat well, go on tour, travel places if they can and think less to avoid stress and sicknesses associated with old age. In a situation where an old person keeps working he stresses himself and he or she can break down all of a sudden or collapse and die to due to hypertension caused by stress.

When you travel, do make sure you don't go alone, and it is best to go for a check up before traveling, to know if you are fit enough to go on a journey.

Going far from home sometimes can be stressful to aging people, nevertheless, there people who retired at a younger age and are still physically fit, because they are free from health challenges or because they have a routine of exercises to keep them fit. When you go out it can help keep you longer.

Research suggests that going outdoors into the neighborhood at least once a week is beneficial for maintaining physical function in frail elderly people.