Flexibility of chemical engineering career

I remember vividly well, when I was younger, around age 11, my dad always wanted me to work in the oil and gas industry. He believed that, there was were the main money is and companies like chevron, Mobil and other IOCs pay their workers very well. When I got to the senior secondary school class, he told me to read very hard so that I could get a good job in an oil induy. So I was very serious with school and I was good at mathematics and chemistry. So I felt like it will be good for me to study chemical engineering. So, after I got admission and I was in school, my dad called me one night and asked if I can work in an oil firm if I graduate as a chemical engineer. I was laughing within myself. I told him yes. Though,he didn't attend the university so he thought that only petroleum engineering graduates could work in oil firms. But that night, after the call, I felt like a struck on my mind that chemical engineering is really wide. A chemical engineer can work comfortably in any petroleum/oil firm but a petroleum engineering graduate cannot work in a chemical engineering firm. This made me understand that chemical engineering applies to alot of production and manufacturing companies. I later knew that as a chemical engineer, you can work in a paint factory, pharmaceutical industry, beverage industry, brewery, bio-tech companies, water industry, rubber and plastic industries, etc. The list is so long. But it is really versatile and flexible.

Vinkce

It's very ironic when you find out that some valued courses can be limited, that's why it's critical make researches before venturing in any academic discipline. In your researches, you may be shocked to find out that some courses in the university are like an extension some others and they cover those courses and even more. Some courses are like the combination of many things in one, one whose content spans across many other fields, touching various parts in these different fields just to form its own scope.