FBA vs. Etsy: Which Can Be More Profitable?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to do online business, selling through online marketplaces is the easiest way to do it as you do not have to spend a lot of money in building your store. There are multiple options but here I am going to compare FBA with Etsy.

FBA or Fulfilled By Amazon is a program from Amazon that allows individual sellers to sell their items through Amazon Store. Etsy is an online marketplace where you can sell your handmade items, designs, crafts, and vintage items. You can join free, but you will have to spend money on listing, and also pay a transaction fee and payment processing fee.

FAB charges a storage fee (because your products are stored on Amazon warehouse. In order to sell via Amazon, you need to first ship your product to the Amazon warehouse. Amazon will take care of packaging and shipping. However, on Etsy you will have to handle everything related to selling your product.

FBA can be a little complicated as they have a strict policy for product packaging (when you are sending products to their warehouse)

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have never tried FBA but I have tried Etsy and managed to sell a couple of items on Etsy. These days I am no longer selling on Etsy because it is not easy to sell on online marketplaces. You will have to spend a lot on marketing before you can make money.