Falling in love with your employee, wrong or right?

eojo2401

A friend of mine needs an advice. He is the chief Executive Officer of his enterprise. His enterprise deals in sales of furniture tools and agro inputs. He has a very pretty and brilliant secretary/clerk. The said clerk is also good in customer relations services, in fact a lot of customers do come to buy tools from the enterprise because of her. She's very jovial, accommodation and receptive. The C. E. O has now developed interest in this lady, he told me, the lady has made her fall in love with her because of the excellent behavior he found in her. The C. E. O. is now with the opinion that she will be a good wife material and she will be a blessing to his business if he can woo her and marry her as second wife. He now needs advice wether to go ahead and proposed to his secretary and start a love affair with her. Hope love affair between each other will not affect business negatively? Is it morally right or wrong to for the C. E. O to be dating his employee?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It's not advisable to fall in love with your employee or employer. A friend of mine has gone through this path, he fell in love with his sales girl and after sometime the business wasn't moving on as he used to be so he asked for my advice and opinion, I advised him to not mix love and business together because it may actually lead to downfall of your business.

Planet408

First of all. He should leave the girl alone since he is already married.
Aside this, it is not advisable to mix love affair and business together. It is dangerous to the growth of the business. If he was not married, he can marry the girl if they actually have the same business goal or objective but the girl don't have to continue being his secretary if he was married to her.
My take is that he should let the girl be and control his emotions.

Planet408

First of all. He should leave the girl alone since he is already married.
Aside this, it is not advisable to mix love affair and business together. It is dangerous to the growth of the business. If he was not married, he can marry the girl if they actually have the same business goal or objective but the girl don't have to continue being his secretary if he was married to her.
My take is that he should let the girl be and control his emotions.

IamDozzy

First of all, your friend has to be single to be able to fall in love with your employee. Anything otherwise then your friend would have his wife to reckon with. Your friend should have a work policy in which he gives his workers and if romantic relationship between workers is not prohibited then he is free to fall in love with whoever he chooses provided he can remain objective in the work place. However if otherwise is the case, he being the leader in the organization ought not to break the rules governing the organization so he should try to control himself or the said employee should resign so that they can start a relationship.

D

Deleted member 27126

A friend of mine needs an advice. He is the chief Executive Officer of his enterprise. His enterprise deals in sales of furniture tools and agro inputs. He has a very pretty and brilliant secretary/clerk. The said clerk is also good in customer relations services, in fact a lot of customers do come to buy tools from the enterprise because of her. She's very jovial, accommodation and receptive. The C. E. O has now developed interest in this lady, he told me, the lady has made her fall in love with her because of the excellent behavior he found in her. The C. E. O. is now with the opinion that she will be a good wife material and she will be a blessing to his business if he can woo her and marry her as second wife. He now needs advice wether to go ahead and proposed to his secretary and start a love affair with her. Hope love affair between each other will not affect business negatively? Is it morally right or wrong to for the C. E. O to be dating his employee?
Morally it is not bad at all to propose to anyone for marriage as far as the person in question is not your family member, sibling, or relative. Marriage is by choice and nothing more. But this is not a case of moral, it's rather a case of business and business ethics. Professionally, it isn't advisable to do that, not that it's bad but it's not encouraging. This is because there will be distraction at work and it is always said that do not mix pleasure with business. Therefore, on a professional level, he should realize it's not ideal.

Chommyluv

Second wife? A young industrial lady to be his second wife. The boss your friend its just infatuated to her nor love and just want to use the lady to boost his sales and business, his not in love with her in any way. Once he married her and she start having kids, all these people that came in to patronize the business will start dropping. My advise is to just keep the relationship in a platonic level and enjoy the boost of the business.

Segat

Love is an emotional thing and should not be tempered with, however its expression should not affect the normalcy of things in place of work. There is nothing like wrong or right there as long as you have the emotional attachment go ahead and express it but in the cade since it is to your employee, you must make sure you are not lordling her into it, let it be mutual then you will be fine.

Daykas

Falling in love with an employees can be good and bad at times.
But I won't advise anymore to indulge in this kind of character.
The man need to check himself again because that is lust not love.
He only felt like that because of their closeness, If he create a space for himself,he will find out he never love the Lady.

Lyrrex

It's not advisable to fall in love with your employee or employer. A friend of mine has gone through this path, he fell in love with his sales girl and after sometime the business wasn't moving on as he used to be so he asked for my advice and opinion, I advised him to not mix love and business together because it may actually lead to downfall of your business.
True. Business shouldn't be mixed with love life or friendship.

Victor001

This is very common in movies,I which I will experience it real life, seeing a young boss is really rare, a lot of elderly people in the system. But if eventually it happens,it's what I will like to learn from,how they will manage the situation. But in rare cases I feel it's the boss who should normally make the advancement not the lady.

Snazzy001

nothing is wrong in falling in love with an employee so far as you get to understand the chemistry between you both.the mind is a powerful thing and and what you feed it can affect it in a very powerful way .that is why you have to go after any person you love regardless of class and social differences

eojo2401

Like seriously, if my friend see this your comment, he will think twice before wooing his employee I swear. Thanks for your contribution and your golden advice that dating his clerk can put the gear of his business to reverse. May the source of your wisdom never dry. More ink ink in your pen.

Mellorando

Banned
It is believed that love has no direction once it's steps on you there is no going back well I kinda doubt this saying it is advisable for an employer not to mix business activity which romantic activity with his or her employees as this will riin the financial foundation and stability of the business organisation and in most cases the employee might loose respect for his or her client

IamDozzy

It is believed that love has no direction once it's steps on you there is no going back well I kinda doubt this saying it is advisable for an employer not to mix business activity which romantic activity with his or her employees as this will riin the financial foundation and stability of the business organisation and in most cases the employee might loose respect for his or her client
Yes, love has no direction but there is a saying that goes as “one does not poo where he eats” and “do not mix business with pleasure”. Dating and employer could give room for gross insubordination and potential lead to a decrease in the working efficiency of one's business. If one is in love with an employee, it would be advisable that that employee resigns for the relationship to carry on or no relationship at all. The workplace must be respected.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have commented in one thread about a relationship of the boss and the subordinate. My first boss when I worked in a bank is a womanizer. He had 2 kids with a former subordinate. When I was hired that's when I learned that one staff was his lover. I hate to be sounding moralistic but it is against my standard for a boss to have a relationship with anyone in the office.