Health Insurance Facts about disability insurance

Phabbyfundz

— Employer paid disability insurance; this is required in most states, most employers provides a short term sick leave. Many larger employers provides a long term disability coverage as well, typically with benefits of up to 60 percent of salary lasting for a long period of up to five years until the age of 65, and some cases extended go life.
— Social security disability benefit; this is paid to workers whose disability is expected to least at least six months and is so severe that no gainful employment can be expected.
— Individual disability income insurance policy; other limited replacement income is available to workers under so circumstances from workers compensation if the injury or illness is job related, auto insurance if the disability occurs from an auto accident and the department of veterans affairs.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Disability insurance is very important because the unexpected can happen at any time and they will get you covered. There is a man I know that was in public service, in his working environment, he had a very big accident but because he was covered by federal government insurance scheme, he got most of the treatment for free.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Most factories do buy insurance policy under disability for their workers because of the nature of their business. They are prone to having accident while working with the machines. But I don't know whether this can also be treated under health insurance. I only care for the individual who may not find a means of paying their premium.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think it's mostly common among worker that deals with risky jobs , and disability insurance is very important because it would cover every risk attached that might be accruing to the person getting any part of his body disabled , it's important for workers to go for it in case of any unexpected event

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Disability insurance has some basic facts that most people don’t really do not know about. If you don’t know about this I think it is advisable to go make some research about it before buying it. Most of the times, it is more focus on the profit the insurer wants to make

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Disability insurance has some basic facts that most people don’t really do not know about. If you don’t know about this I think it is advisable to go make some research about it before buying it. Most of the times, it is more focus on the profit the insurer wants to make
You are right. There are some facts that people may not know about this kind of insurance policy but I thought you will even tell us for us to educate us more about it. Anyway, the best thing to do is to go online to research more by oneself to know more about it.